Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Thanks. I'm hoping I don't have to seek out alternatives, though. I LOVE my coyotes.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I'm wondering if my Lange coyote mirrors will work given how much the charging plug protrudes. It's too close to call from the photos and videos I've seen.
If mine arrives this week, I'll be able to let you know.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
[Rebooting the thread now that we're getting our trucks delivered.]

I was thinking about an ARB front bumper to mount a winch, but I'm worried about the weight. The GVWR is going to be a problem, I think. I'm looking at a GenRight aluminum stubby bumper now. I'm not a fan of full-width bumpers, but I'd like to find a lightweight winch-capable stubby bumper that still manages to mount the OEM foglights.
My LOD front stubby and rear bumper finally arrived a month ago from the black friday sales. I put a pause on installing it in case I make the move to the hybrid. Hoping it will fit without issue.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't think of any reason bumpers wouldn't work. I'd worry more about rock rails, under body cladding, upper front dash spot where charging lights are and anything that has to do with needing a certain area behind the rear seats.

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
Anyone try to install ACE rock sliders onto their 4xe rubicon? I have them sitting in my garage waiting for my 4xe, hoping they work!

Sponsored

Hakan

First Name
Hakan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Just put a set of LoD destroyer sliders on my Rubicon 4xe.
Found a few problems
Front bolts are too short. Seems frame have an extra inner layer. Got some 1 1/2 long bolts that solved the issue
Then another issue. The front bolts through frame. Driver side where there is a hole but on inside there is some I think battery coolant lines. They are very tight to this bolt. I had to put it through from outside as bolt head did not fit between the aluminum covered lines. But even now the threads will touch the aluminum cover. Not good. Solution is to make the bolt about 1/2 inch shorter. Have not done this yet. Also tight to get bolt in. Think frame have a extra layer steel.
Passenger side inside of frame have some rubber lines that block access to drill hole from inside. Maybe with an angel drill but I don't have one.

Still happy with result but I know I don't have the perfect bolts in place.

Lifting the rails alone and get the nuts in place is possible as I did that. But recommend having a helper to lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? IMG_5698.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? IMG_5700.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? IMG_5704.JPG

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for that info. I suspect I may run into similar problems with the ROAM sliders. If it turns out to be the case I'll just use the body mounts instead of the frame mounts.

rkoco321

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK
Found a few problems
Front bolts are too short. Seems frame have an extra inner layer. Got some 1 1/2 long bolts that solved the issue
Then another issue. The front bolts through frame. Driver side where there is a hole but on inside there is some I think battery coolant lines. They are very tight to this bolt. I had to put it through from outside as bolt head did not fit between the aluminum covered lines. But even now the threads will touch the aluminum cover. Not good. Solution is to make the bolt about 1/2 inch shorter. Have not done this yet. Also tight to get bolt in. Think frame have a extra layer steel.
Passenger side inside of frame have some rubber lines that block access to drill hole from inside. Maybe with an angel drill but I don't have one.

Lifting the rails alone and get the nuts in place is possible as I did that. But recommend having a helper to lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? IMG_5704.JPG
Hakan, you have sting gray with black fenders and black top? Can we see pictures :)

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picture of factory Mopar all weather mats for the rear area.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? 20210414_193756

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hakan

First Name
Hakan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Hakan, you have sting gray with black fenders and black top? Can we see pictures :)
Actually the sky top but yes black fenders

Before I got my sliders on it looks like this
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? a289d1d0-b60d-4487-a157-8d746bd7f685
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? 7faceb1d-6bca-4f6f-95ae-c25b5f693aa8

jjbardis74

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Does anyone know if aftermarket underbody skids for the 2.0 will work with the 4xe? Or if new ones are going to be coming out?

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Found a few problems

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mods -- what works/doesn't work from regular JL's? 7faceb1d-6bca-4f6f-95ae-c25b5f693aa8
You probably want to cap that bolt with some rubber or something soft. It will wear through this lines eventually and that won't be cheap.

Love the look - I may have to get some of those.

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Does anyone know if aftermarket underbody skids for the 2.0 will work with the 4xe? Or if new ones are going to be coming out?
I would assume we'll need different skids that are specific to this model as there are significant differences in the under carriage. I'm keeping an eye out for whomever released the first 4xe specific aluminum skids.
Sponsored