MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
For the blokes that have ordered, was there an option of transfer case? Selectrack vs Rocktrack? If not, which one?
Supposedly Rock-Trac Full Time.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
It would be an interesting experiment for you to see how it plays out. How much of your 35 miles is highway? Since EV range goes down at highway speeds, it would be interesting to see how your trips would pan out by just using the hybrid mode on the highway and the electric mode on the surface streets.

Like you said, that $7500 goes a long way. Forbes speculated $4,000, I am speculating more in the $4500 to $5500 range. Either way, we would still qualify for the full $7500 tax credit. So odds are, I'll come out a little under what a gas Sahara would run after the tax rebate.

Will you also qualify for a state incentive in California?
iā€™m not sure. The maximum for a phev is $1000. There are income maximums which I am below and meet. There are state funding limits and it is restricted to vehicles whose base msrp price is under $60000. I canā€™t imagine that the base phev msrp will be more than $60000. There is good chance I will be eligible.

Sponsored

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iā€™m not sure. The maximum for a phev is $1000. There are income maximums which I am below and meet. There are state funding limits and it is restricted to vehicles whose base msrp price is under $60000. I canā€™t imagine that the base phev msrp will be more than $60000. There is good chance I will be eligible.
I will definitely experiment with full electric and hybrid mode to see what works better . about half of my commute to work is downhill where regeneration in hybrid mode will be most effective. Of course the opposite is true on my return home .

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost all of my commute miles are highway. at least 33

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
I ordered my Chief Blue 4xe Rubicon on 11/14. The dealer told me earlier in the week that they are hopeful for pricing info today. Fingers crossed.
I ordered a Granite Sahara on 11/6. It sure would be awesome to get some pricing and details.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
... The negativity from many in the Jeep community have left a lot of people just being quiet about their interest in it....
What negativity (I'm not on FB)? Are they saying hybrid is "not a real Jeep" or something like that, which the haters do every time there's a new model? Same thing people said when the JK came out, then again when the JL came out. They'll quiet down and adapt after it has been out a while.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
What negativity (I'm not on FB)? Are they saying hybrid is "not a real Jeep" or something like that, which the haters do every time there's a new model? Same thing people said when the JK came out, then again when the JL came out. They'll quiet down and adapt after it has been out a while.
Yeah, the Wrangler 4XE gets it from two angles: The anti-EV crowd and the Jeep crowd. I tried entering in to some conversations way early on and was met with all sorts of nonsense. I even had a post about the Wrangler 4XE removed from one Jeep group. I've found it easier to have conversations with others that are interested.

Sponsored

eLECTRICON

That fine! Because my Rubicon 4xe will be on 35s w/3" and some of my favorite mods right off the show room floor and Im more than confident it will out perform a 392 on the TRAIL, not in a race! So let them talk Ish. Slow and steady is key, not Hemi power. Now ya, if were gonna race in the sand dunes 392 may have me there.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen the negativity. More curiosity. I personally LOVE the idea of hitting a trail with a full charge and doing some off-roading without engine noise. It'd be easier to sneak up on wildlife.

Plus, as a daily driver, the range would get me to work and a good start to home before the engine had to kick in. That'd save me plenty of gas money, especially when gas prices ultimately recover, which they will.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
It does seem a little saner within this thread. I just canā€™t understand how one persons preferences become a threat to anotherā€™s. When I hear someone poopooing the 4xe using terms like ā€œtree huggerā€ itā€™s hard not to say ā€œyoung man, I am really sorry about your penis, just lighten up...ā€
Must be the reason for being hateful. šŸ˜ŠAfter 20 years in Special Operations Ive seen enough ugliness and hate. Letā€™s go enjoy our Jeeps!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I for one think it's great. Will I buy one? I'm not going to trade my Jeep for one, but if something happens to it and I'm in the market for a new Jeep I probably will (depending on pricing).
The tax break sounds like it will take care of the up front cost, so why not consider it. I'll hug a tree, and plant another one next to it. What's wrong with being environmentally friendly? I never understood how "tree hugger" was an insult.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Tree hugging aside - Iā€™m excited about it simply because of the HP and torque - 392 excluded, the 4xe model is reporting Wrangler-leading performance... coupled with tax breaks, gas savings, a quiet responsive ride around town, and helping the Earth a bit - Iā€™m good with all that.

Oh, and I live in a community where many families also own electric golf carts and scoot around the neighborhoods and to Wawa and the local supermarket in them... with doors and top off, Iā€™m going to have the baddest ass electric golf cart on the block šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘ šŸ¤«
Sponsored

Last edited: