Sponsored

4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I've had my 4xe for 3 days / 280mi. Check engine light came on today. I took it to Autozone and both of their scanners found no codes. The Jeep drives perfectly fine although the remote start isn't working (dash says "remote start disabled, turn on vehicle to reset").

I did open the hood yesterday to look at options for remote mounting a winch solenoid. @AmarilloJLU's post has me wondering if that's related. However, I can still charge just fine.
Sponsored

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Fyi
Dealer and I were messing around with the remote start on the day of delivery/pickup. We discovered that after remote start is used/activated, it is disabled for about 15 minutes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I may have spoke too soon. I went out to try and reset the code by disconnecting the battery (after pulling the IDCM fuse). I decided to check the gas cap for S&Gs and sure enough when I popped open the fuel door the gas cap was lightly resting in there, not secured at all. You'd think a dealer would know how to fill a tank properly. Anyway, the CEL is gone and remote start is working again (for now). Will report back if anything else happens over the next few days.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I've had my 4xe for 3 days / 280mi. Check engine light came on today. I took it to Autozone and both of their scanners found no codes. The Jeep drives perfectly fine although the remote start isn't working (dash says "remote start disabled, turn on vehicle to reset").

I did open the hood yesterday to look at options for remote mounting a winch solenoid. @AmarilloJLU's post has me wondering if that's related. However, I can still charge just fine.
My check engine went off the next day and as of right now has not come back on, I am hoping that it stays that way

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I may have spoke too soon. I went out to try and reset the code by disconnecting the battery (after pulling the IDCM fuse). I decided to check the gas cap for S&Gs and sure enough when I popped open the fuel door the gas cap was lightly resting in there, not secured at all. You'd think a dealer would know how to fill a tank properly. Anyway, the CEL is gone and remote start is working again (for now). Will report back if anything else happens over the next few days.
Too funny (not), so we need to add screwing in the gas cap to seating the fuses ;)

Sponsored

4times

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
Mine has still been at the dealer for a week. They said it’s the battery coolant pump. No resolution in sight other than they “ordered a new pump”, but strangely, Chrysler isn’t releasing a new pump to the dealer yet my tech said. I wonder if Chrysler knows there’s a problem with all the pumps so not even going to send them a new one because they know it will fail too.

I know it’s a Jeep as you all say, but at $60k+ there shouldn’t be any check engine problems after 300 miles.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I spoke too soon, too soon. CEL is back after a few hours. I guess I'll be making a trip to the dealer soon...

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm curious to know what's up with these pumps. I have a long trip coming up in June.

JAJLWRang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara
4xe is 1 week old and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer, and they checked the code, and explained they have had 4-5 others come in with the same issue this week. It apparently is listing as a small leak with the EVAP… they explained that the car is safe to drive, but needs a 2 hour maintenance to fix it….

Sponsored

4times

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
My 4xe rubicon is still at the dealer. Been over 2 weeks. Dealership doesn’t really know what to do it seems. Chrysler called me and said their engineers are working with dealership giving my 4xe a “white glove” inspection to make sure they have found the problem that keeps triggering CEL. They don’t think it’s actual battery coolant pump even though that’s the error code. They think it’s “electrical”.

I guess another week and I’m close to being able to declare it a lemon. Brand new car and I haven’t had use of it for over a few weeks now. Disappointing.

Last edited:

lj1469ky

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Hi everyone.

Just picked up my custom order Rubicon 4xe Wednesday afternoon after being delivered that morning.

Thursday morning, on my way to Home Depot (I think I had it in e-save or hybrid mode), the CEL came on. I continued to Home Depot that was 2 miles away, did my return, contacted my salesman and let him know I am on my way to the dealership because the CEL is on.

They get me in right away. The salesman joins us and I can tell he is a tad frantic because I have had this Jeep for less than 18 hrs. The service advisor checks the code and gets back a HCP module error. He speaks to a tech, they decide they need to keep it. He is not sure what an HCP error is but I look it up that it has something to do with Hybrid Powertrain Control. Get a loaner (a Jeep Cherokee base model).

They call me this morning (Friday) at 9am saying it is fixed and there was something that came loose. I go pick it up on my lunch, drive back to work. Finish work, go home. Decide later to go out to dinner, CEL light comes back on within two minutes of driving there. I noticed the light came back on after switching to e-save mode and the ICE engages.

So, now the CEL is back on and I will be making another trip to the dealership in the morning to probably get stuck with a crappy loaner while they try to fix my brand new vehicle that has under 88 miles on it. Most of those miles have actually been spent driving to or from the dealership and the Jeep has spent more time with them than me since owning it. We will see what code it gives in the morning to see if the issue is the same.

FYI, here are the notes by the technician on what they fixed earlier:

"Customer states CEL came on while driving this morning Check and advise (General Concern 1)
DCT P1AC6. Performed Diag for DTC. All modules software up to date. DTC cleared. Inspected T379, and T380 circuit and connectors. Found at connector XY292B on dash side, connector pin lock organizer not seated in connector. Possible loose pin connection in connector of the T379, and T380 circuits.
Verify proper assembly of XY292B connector. Perform verification drive DTC did not reset and vehicle operation normal"

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Hi everyone.

Just picked up my custom order Rubicon 4xe Wednesday afternoon after being delivered that morning.

Thursday morning, on my way to Home Depot (I think I had it in e-save or hybrid mode), the CEL came on. I continued to Home Depot that was 2 miles away, did my return, contacted my salesman and let him know I am on my way to the dealership because the CEL is on.

They get me in right away. The salesman joins us and I can tell he is a tad frantic because I have had this Jeep for less than 18 hrs. The service advisor checks the code and gets back a HCP module error. He speaks to a tech, they decide they need to keep it. He is not sure what an HCP error is but I look it up that it has something to do with Hybrid Powertrain Control. Get a loaner (a Jeep Cherokee base model).

They call me this morning (Friday) at 9am saying it is fixed and there was something that came loose. I go pick it up on my lunch, drive back to work. Finish work, go home. Decide later to go out to dinner, CEL light comes back on within two minutes of driving there. I noticed the light came back on after switching to e-save mode and the ICE engages.

So, now the CEL is back on and I will be making another trip to the dealership in the morning to probably get stuck with a crappy loaner while they try to fix my brand new vehicle that has under 88 miles on it. Most of those miles have actually been spent driving to or from the dealership and the Jeep has spent more time with them than me since owning it. We will see what code it gives in the morning to see if the issue is the same.

FYI, here are the notes by the technician on what they fixed earlier:

"Customer states CEL came on while driving this morning Check and advise (General Concern 1)
DCT P1AC6. Performed Diag for DTC. All modules software up to date. DTC cleared. Inspected T379, and T380 circuit and connectors. Found at connector XY292B on dash side, connector pin lock organizer not seated in connector. Possible loose pin connection in connector of the T379, and T380 circuits.
Verify proper assembly of XY292B connector. Perform verification drive DTC did not reset and vehicle operation normal"
Does it still drive normal?

lj1469ky

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Update:

Took the Jeep in this morning and the CEL did not switch off on the way there (12 mile trip). The OBD2 scanner showed the same error with the HCP. The service manager thinks the sensor is bad or got broken during assembly at the factory. He said if a part needs to be ordered because of a bad sensor, it could be 7 days or more before I get it back. He also let me know they will most likely not be able to look at the Jeep until Monday since they are only open until 12pm on Saturdays.

I am sure I will be without my brand new Jeep for a week or more if a part needs to be ordered.

Side note, the person who placed the actual order for my Jeep ordered the BSW tires instead of the OWL tires that my salesman specified in the order sheet. They have agreed to replace those but will not be in until next week. They hopefully will arrive while it is in for service so I won't have to make multiple trips.

Prayers are always appreciated that this all gets fixed quickly and definitively.
Sponsored