jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to get 35" tires for my Jeep. I'm will used the Mopar Beadlock wheels for these tires. From where I live, we got a lot of heavy snow, so I'm looking for a tire with the snowflake rating. Surprisingly, not a lot of AT tires have the snowflake rating. I also plan to do a 1.5" Teraflex spacer lift.

Currently, I'm looking at:
35/12.5R17 GY Wrangler Duratrac
315/70R17 BFG KO2

Now, the 35" Duratrac is only available with E load rating while the 315 KO2 is available with C load ratings.

Here is my struggle:
- For KO2, the C-rating tire would ride nicely, but I hear the 315 tire is relatively small (about 34"), I fear the would look small and not as aggressive with a 1.5" lift. These tires are really nice on Raptors...

- For Duratracs, I really like the look and it seems to be close to actually 35" tire, but some say the E-rating tire is an overkill for Jeeps and will make the ride very rough. The benefit of a E tire is stronger sidewalls.

I hope to hear opinion from you guys on which tire would you prefer: 315 KO2 C or 35 Duratrac E. Also, I hear Duratrac have weak side walls, but which one has the stronger sidewall: KO2 with C rating or Duratrac with E rating? Does anyone know how much smaller a 315 KO2 is in comparison to Duratrac (anyone have a side-by-side picture)?

Thanks guys
if you get a chance you may want to check these out. ‘Milestar Patagonia’ They are aggressive & Ride soft unlike some AT Tires.
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Found 3 more pics for you.
1st pic- before Mopar lift on dealership lot.
2nd pic- stock tires with lift and 35” simply rolled in front of stock tire to compare size.
3rd pic- stock tires with Mopar lift.

Again, find the tire you like. No right or wrong answer as it’s individual preference.
I like the look of both. I have owned both tires in past. Both handle well on snow, ice, pavement, dirt. I do like how quiet the KO2’s ride on pavement. I like the standard size over metric because of my age .
If your still wavering after hours of research(more fun than buying if ya ask me) remember the stock Jeep comes with KO2’s. I can only assume that Mopar R&D has set up the Jeep and tested the Jeep too many miles to count on those tires.
Enjoy your research

8FD61E61-D69D-4BEC-B88C-884482861560.jpeg

C67C076E-AAB6-403B-8977-6601DB424DB0.jpeg

B8ACF1B0-357C-4A43-8B0C-A57DED217865.jpeg
Can I get wheel info in second pic? Plz, asking for a friend!!!:CWL:

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't how they build tires now according to a BFG rep with whom I spoke when I bought my 315's. They still mark them in those terms, but it has nothing to do with the actual number of plies, in many cases. Besides, if this were the way they do it, then 10 plies would weigh more than a pound or two more on the E rated KO2 vs the C rated in the 315 size. He said the C rated tire has the same sidewall resistance to punctures as the E rated tire.
This is what I was told by a discount tire sales person who I use all the time. I will look into it further, check the markings on the tire and question his rendering.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I was told by a discount tire sales person who I use all the time. I will look into it further, check the markings on the tire and question his rendering.
Some tires still have the stars for ply ratings, I think. The key is that they represent ply ratings, not necessarily actual plys (sp?). On bias ply tires, they probably still represent the number of plys.
Sponsored