Has anyone run both BFG KO2 and Goodyear Duratrac?

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I had 33" Duratracs on my JK and liked them.

My 2020 JL Rubicon came with the factory 33" KO2s, I pulled them off after two weeks and replaced them with 35" Duratracs. I would have saved money going with the KOs over the DTs. Having run both, I think they are similar in ride noise and handling. Duratracs just look more aggressive and they say Wrangler on the side, so...

Advertisement

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Another vote for the Goodyear Duratracs - I can’t say enough good things about these. When it comes to wet weather/slippery surfaces/poor traction, these perform exceptionally well. The tread not only looks aggressive but is also VERY functional.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had both on my JK in 285/70-17 and liked them both. The goodyears seemed to wear faster though. I have only bought BFG's since.

InvertedLogic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Have run both, duratracs got loud and slippery on wet roads after about 40k miles, still had some tread on them when I sold them.
Same here. Still had tread left but after sliding through a stop sign in the rain I ditched them. The DTs seem to not age so well.

OP

01tj

First Name
jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
I had 33" Duratracs on my JK and liked them.

My 2020 JL Rubicon came with the factory 33" KO2s, I pulled them off after two weeks and replaced them with 35" Duratracs. I would have saved money going with the KOs over the DTs. Having run both, I think they are similar in ride noise and handling. Duratracs just look more aggressive and they say Wrangler on the side, so...
There is that, I do like the outline white letters too, would look good on my white jeep

Hayseed_JLUR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Same here. Still had tread left but after sliding through a stop sign in the rain I ditched them. The DTs seem to not age so well.
This is true. I always get rid of mine before this point. If try to squeeze every mile out of a tire the DT's do go down hill at higher mileages.

OP

01tj

First Name
jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
This is true. I always get rid of mine before this point. If try to squeeze every mile out of a tire the DT's do go down hill at higher mileages.
I've noticed the really don't
My Duratracs are black walls
Both sides? I wonder it some sizes are white and some not

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have never had a problem with KO2s.

I drove down a short gravel road with virtually new Duratracs and got a tire puncture from a piece of gravel getting between the treads. I pulled the gravel out myself, so I know that is what is was. I can’t recommend Duratracs.

Advertisement

Morris 4x4 Center

Advertisement