Sponsored

Has anyone run both BFG KO2 and Goodyear Duratrac?

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
I own several jeeps and have Duratracs on one of them, and KO2's on another. I drive in big snow, located in a remote area in the High Sierra. I can say unequivocally that the Duratracs are the WORST in the snow...by far. I love the Duratracs when I am driving offroad, but on pavement, you would do better with almost any other tire. Sorry, but there is no comparison in my opinion, based on driving for many years in snow. How much snow? *This is a typical winter...

Go with the KO2's.

Just my .02.
IMG_5560.jpg
That's a lot of snow.
Sponsored

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
Ran Duratracs on both of my raptors. Great overall tire but do get loud at 25k (with regular rotations) and only last 30-32k on the truck. The falken Wildpeak AT3W are just as good in all weather conditions and are just getting loud at 42k and should be good until 50k. I like them better for whatever that’s worth. I have a set of 35” BFGs that I pulled off my Jeep that will be going on the raptor next since I might as well use em but the Falken get my nod overall.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Goodyear needs to release a 37x12.50R17 Duratrac.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Up north in the cold snow Duratracs are far better then KO2. I’ll never run KO2 again. Duratracs are the go to tire up north.
as far as people complaining about noise. You want an aggressive tire that works, it’s gonna be noisy, that. Just the way it works.
Sponsored