Sponsored

2024 Rubicon transfer case ratio & eTorque availability?

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Just back from my local dealer, placed an order for a 2024 2-door Rubicon with 8-speed auto and 3.6 V6. The dealer’s order screen did not show an option for the 4:1 transfer case. Has this been made standard on the Rubicon now?

2nd question:
Is the V6 with eTorque not an option for 2024? Or was this never offered on a 2-door?

Thanks
Sponsored

IntegraRC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
The 4:1 transfer case is standard on Rubicons. The only option is if you want full time 4wd.

The etorque was at least an option in the past. Not sure if they did away with it in 2024. It’s not available if you wanted the manual trans though.

OP
OP

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Rob.

JT23JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler
2nd question:
Is the V6 with eTorque not an option for 2024? Or was this never offered on a 2-door?
Does your paperwork show an engine code of "ERC" or "ERG", or a quick order package code of "23R" or "25R"?
Assuming that they are using the same codes as the 2023 model,, Engine Code "ERG" or Quick Order Package Code "25R" would be the 3.6L Etorque engine.

OP
OP

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does your paperwork show an engine code of "ERC" or "ERG", or a quick order package code of "23R" or "25R"?
Assuming that they are using the same codes as the 2023 model,, Engine Code "ERG" or Quick Order Package Code "25R" would be the 3.6L Etorque engine.
The paperwork showed “ERC” with the description “ Upg I w/ESS“, and the code “24R”. The dealer said the 3.6 w/eTorque might be one of those options that comes & goes over time, based on availability of components.

I read & watched a bunch of reviews on the 2.0T over the weekend and just got back from the dealer asking them to change my order to the 2.0T. They said no problem.

We’ve owned two Pentastars now. They’ve been reliable, smooth, and make power if you rev them some. When the original dyno marketing graphs were first shown, I believed the torque available at say 1700rpm was going to feel stronger than it actually does. We decided it would be fun to give the 2.0T a shot this time. From what I read, I think I’ll appreciate the torque characteristics of the 2.0T. It’s been about 20years since my wife and I have owned a turbo gas vehicle and look forward to the improvements made since then. Her mother has a 2013 Buick Encore with a tiny 1.4T, and I’m impressed with how well that little engine will hold top gear w/o needing to downshift. I don’t read horror stories about carbon build-up on valve stems like I did around the 2009 timeframe with DI engines(?).

My 2020 JLUR has the Ecodiesel. I waited for years for a diesel to be offered, and I really enjoy driving that rig. Of course that’s not an option any longer and never was in the 2dr JL. My wife’s drive to work is a short distance so a diesel would be a poor choice for that reason alone. And the 4xe drivetrain isn’t an option in the 2dr. If the I6T was being offered now, that’s what we’d be ordering.

Sponsored

JT23JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler
The paperwork showed “ERC” with the description “ Upg I w/ESS“, and the code “24R”. The dealer said the 3.6 w/eTorque might be one of those options that comes & goes over time, based on availability of components.

I read & watched a bunch of reviews on the 2.0T over the weekend and just got back from the dealer asking them to change my order to the 2.0T. They said no problem.
That is interesting. Do you know if the 3.6 w/eTorque was still listed as an option on the 2024 4-door model?
Most people seem to be happy with the 2.0T engine.

OP
OP

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is interesting. Do you know if the 3.6 w/eTorque was still listed as an option on the 2024 4-door model?
Most people seem to be happy with the 2.0T engine.
Actually, I didn’t ask the dealer to check if it was shown as an option on the 4dr. I don’t see why Stelantis doesn’t have the 2024 “build my vehicle” webpages up. I also think the consumer web pages should somehow show options in the same manner as the dealer configuration tool, or visa versa. And have nice pics of each option.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
For the '23 2-door Rubicon, the eTorque was mandatory if you got the v6 with an automatic and wasn't possible with the manual trans or the 2.0T engine. The 4.10 gears were standard and 4.88 gears were optional (but couldn't be combined with auto-4WD). 4-door options were a bit more flexible iirc.
Sponsored