Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
My dealership says that when my Jeep arrives to allow a week for processing.

I doubt any amount of processing takes a week; therefore, it is obvious that they plan on taking my new jeep wheelin' for a week in the mountains before handing it off to me.
That, or they're going to advertise it on their website and leave it on the lot as bait for other customers...
Sponsored

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
February 5th is my 1st month anniversary.

I don't really care for surprise parties but if ya'll wanna pool your funds and buy me a winch and and ARB front bumper that would be a nice gesture.

7.62x392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392 XR
Build Thread
Link
I don't care to have an XR392, but it would be fun to ride in one someday just to feel the difference.
If you ride in one I can almost guarantee you would want one. I went from the 2.0T to the 392 and could never go back. It’s a completely different Jeep experience, and by far and away the most fun vehicle I’ve ever owned. Endless power for days. I don’t know why it comes with a radio either because the sweet symphony of sounds coming from the engine and exhaust is the only soundtrack you’ll need.

Just got an email from Jeep saying that my XR392 is being built today! That’s 6 months and 6 days since my order was accepted.
Nothing showing that yet on the trackers.
Congrats! You’re going to love it. It’s worth every minute of the wait.

Sponsored

7.62x392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 392 XR
Build Thread
Link
I don't throw around the word 'fanboi' but...

:LOL:
Oh I’m a proud 392 fan boy. After 8 months I still get the same excited feeling every time I get behind the wheel as I did the first time I drove it. It’s just too much fun.

That said, go take one for a test drive and tell me you still don’t want one (cost aside as I know they can be pricey to purchase, run, and maintain, and not everyone can or wants to spend that much on a vehicle).

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Oh I’m a proud 392 fan boy. After 8 months I still get the same excited feeling every time I get behind the wheel as I did the first time I drove it. It’s just too much fun.

That said, go take one for a test drive and tell me you still don’t want one (cost aside as I know they can be pricey to purchase, run, and maintain, and not everyone can or wants to spend that much on a vehicle).
Uh, you realize you are talking to a group of people that buy a perfectly good vehicle and immediately take stuff off and put more expensive stuff on for .... just coz?

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My guess is a low miles, well maintained one, will likely be worth more in 10 years than less.
Part of the reason I'm buying new is because a used Wrangler holds value so well.
There are certainly worse ways to spend your money.

Sponsored

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
How long is normal to be 'in production'? I've seen people with similar builds get built in one day. I'm currently at 9 days (and 6 months wait to be scheduled) so I'm getting antsy.

Dallas911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2023 392XR
February 5th is my 1st month anniversary.

I don't really care for surprise parties but if ya'll wanna pool your funds and buy me a winch and and ARB front bumper that would be a nice gesture.
OK, but so far we only have $3.

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Uh, you realize you are talking to a group of people that buy a perfectly good vehicle and immediately take stuff off and put more expensive stuff on for .... just coz?
I cannot accept that the standard front bumper is "perfectly good".
OK, but so far we only have $3.
Put it in the bank at interest.
By the time I get my Jeep I'll be able to get the bumper, winch, and a lift.

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR

I thought about it after seeing a bunch of them but another $30k on top of an already loaded up Rubicon XR was too much for me. But I see a bunch on dealer lots so I could pick one up within days instead of waiting for my Hydro Blue which has been stuck at Inspection step for at least a week. I have no idea what's the hold up as my old order which is the exact same spec minus the color is done despite starting 3 days later.