First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Drove 26 hours round trip yesterday and early this morning to pick up my new Jeep. It is a 23 JLUR XR, with the 2.0l. I will say, it drives so much better than my 20 JT I traded in for it.

So far the only mods I have right now to be installed are
LOD Destroyer Sliders
RK No Limits 2.5 inch kit
Raxiom blacked out tail lights
OEM LED Headlights
3.5 inch MB Quarts for the dash
Select Increments 6.5 for the soundbar
Other small misc. stuff which escapes me right now.

I will say, I forgot just how bad the stock halogens are. My JT had Oracles on it and they were nice. I will also say, I don't believe they adjust them at the factory for the additional lift. I was probably flashed around 40 times between last night and this morning.

I'm looking at the Cavfab bumpers for now. Will probably pull the trigger on at least the front here pretty soon.

Anyway here is exactly how it started. Crappy rushed first photo because I was anxious to get back on the road.
20230418_150424.jpg
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Drove 26 hours round trip yesterday and early this morning to pick up my new Jeep. It is a 23 JLUR XR, with the 2.0l. I will say, it drives so much better than my 20 JT I traded in for it.

So far the only mods I have right now to be installed are
LOD Destroyer Sliders
RK No Limits 2.5 inch kit
Raxiom blacked out tail lights
OEM LED Headlights
3.5 inch MB Quarts for the dash
Select Increments 6.5 for the soundbar
Other small misc. stuff which escapes me right now.

I will say, I forgot just how bad the stock halogens are. My JT had Oracles on it and they were nice. I will also say, I don't believe they adjust them at the factory for the additional lift. I was probably flashed around 40 times between last night and this morning.

I'm looking at the Cavfab bumpers for now. Will probably pull the trigger on at least the front here pretty soon.

Anyway here is exactly how it started. Crappy rushed first photo because I was anxious to get back on the road.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build 20230418_150424
Congrats Brent! Looking forward to watching your build progress✌🏻

-Steven

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good so far!

"Slow build" hahaha, we'll see about that! I remember when I also thought I'd take my build slowly... :LOL:

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Looking good so far!

"Slow build" hahaha, we'll see about that! I remember when I also thought I'd take my build slowly... :LOL:
Thanks. Well, I'm going to be pretty busy for the next 11 months and then it's 6ish months overseas for hopefully the last time. I get to put in my retirement request in October. So I can't get too crazy with spending with an uncertain future coming up shortly. So it will be kinda slow... for now lol

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Put the 3.5 Quarts in the dash, as well as the 6.5 Kickers with the Select Increments mount in yesterday. I had the front windows ceramic tinted this morning. Only went 25 percent to match the rear. Probably in the near future I'll get the rear ceramic coated as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build Screenshot_20230421_141949_Gallery

Sponsored

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
Nice, I'm slowly building my sarge too.
Just got a lift finally.

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Spent way too much time working on the rear lights. Tried getting the brake light ring on but couldn't get the holes to line up on the third brake light holder. Spent way too much time messing with it. Eventually said F this and called it quits.

Luckily the headlights were a breeze and appear to already be somewhat aimed. Tomorrow the sliders will go on.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build Screenshot_20230421_211425_Gallery

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build Screenshot_20230421_211409_Gallery

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Congrats! Great color choice :) I ordered mine on 2/27 and got it delivered 4/15. Documenting the build out on YT (link in the sig) So far have just done small stuff. But lots of stuff on order and coming in 😁. Would love to follow your build. You documenting it on any social? I’ve been following @ExpeditionBuilds and love it!

47704E12-EE24-40FF-AEE8-765E6DA650EC.jpeg
Thanks! Definitely loving the color. It was hard choosing. I had a couple others i kept switching back and forth with. Kinda sorta got it on instagram jeep_and_pups . I had it ordered on 9 January, it looks like it was delivered on 13 March. They held onto it for me until I was able to pick it up on Tuesday.

I'll have to check out your YT. I would video tape my work but nothing ever goes to plan and takes forever when I work on projects and that would be a lot of editing on my part to maybe make it watchable lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Well like all typical projects this one dragged on too. Took a little over three hours to get them installed. Was using a video on YT as a reference and spent way too much time on the PS flag nuts. Misunderstood, and kept putting the one with the tab in the wrong hole (that's what she said). After a considerable amount of time and frustration dealing with it I decided to try the other hole and it worked.

Trying to line up the bolts and brackets by yourself was a pain but once I figured it out it was smooth sailing. I do need to get in touch with LOD as I was shorted three of the backup plates and bolts. Overall I do like them.

In other news, I went ahead and ordered my rear bumper from CavFab and the Teraflex license plate relocation kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build Screenshot_20230422_152025_Gallery

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build Screenshot_20230422_151946_Gallery

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Green Slow Build Screenshot_20230422_151938_Gallery

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
My front bumper arrived Wednesday and my rear on Friday from CavFab. They definitely take their time and put in a quality product. Wait time was about three weeks for those who may purchase in the future.

Rattlecanned them both Friday evening, I'll have to hit up the rear again. Had some running I didn't see until it was too late. Mounted the front Saturday and put my Diode Dynamic fogs and winch on today. I didn't plug in the fogs just yet. I have a spare fog light harness floating around. I'd rather use that then completely disassemble the bumper for that on. I'll probably get to the rear some time next weekend. Been pretty busy with work and procrastinating on school, haven't had a whole lot of time for projects but most importantly not hanging out with the pups. So the rear will have to wait.

I also started on my Midland mxt275 install while I was at work the other day. Was able to get antenna on but didn't have any luck getting the cabling under the head unit and transmission tunnel. Whatever that area is called. I'll take those brackets off on each side and it seems like that will open it up and make it easier.

I also forgot to measure before to see how much the front would sag. I will do it with the rear. UPS said they both weighed 52 pounds, so minus a few for packaging.

20230521_133322.jpg

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Supposedly these bad boys add 360 degrees of articulation to your rig! Really dig the look of them on Sarge Green. Would probably look pretty good on the grays as well
20230522_203320.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_205451_Gallery.jpg

Car-Gear Vent Fender Graphics kit 3M Vinyl Decal Wrap Compatible with Jeep Wrangler 2018-2020 - P-40 Warhawk https://a.co/d/ePwF3W3
Sponsored