Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Very nice!
I really like the looks of the blacked out badging & RUBICON stickers. Especially like the Sarge Green dash panels, very nice touch.

Really like the Sarge Green, wish they would have had it when I got my 2020 JLUR. But, Sting Gray isn't bad, i like it a lot too.
:like:
Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Similar minds haha nice build
Another nice build, it is very similar.

Quick question, hope the OP doesn't mind.

How do you like the Rugged Ridge front bumper?

I'm seriously considering one, just not sure about the bolted on bull bar. But, I really want some type of bull bar like that, or the Poison Spyder Bruiser. Just curious if it is sturdy, since it is a bolt on.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Damnit, Tony. One of us is going to have to move. Otherwise our wives are eventually going to yell at us for the wrong reasons.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oscar The Grouch 2021 Sarge Green JLUR build IMG_5348
Jeep Wrangler JL Oscar The Grouch 2021 Sarge Green JLUR build IMG_5357
Jeep Wrangler JL Oscar The Grouch 2021 Sarge Green JLUR build IMG_5394

OP
OP
OverIsland

OverIsland

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Army
Damnit, Tony. One of us is going to have to move. Otherwise our wives are eventually going to yell at us for the wrong reasons.
Hilarious! I totally saw you in Meridian one day too, I work at Kendall Ford on Overland. Going to have to go on a run or something at some point.

OP
OP
OverIsland

OverIsland

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Army
Very nice!
I really like the looks of the blacked out badging & RUBICON stickers. Especially like the Sarge Green dash panels, very nice touch.

Really like the Sarge Green, wish they would have had it when I got my 2020 JLUR. But, Sting Gray isn't bad, i like it a lot too.
Thanks a lot man, you are obviously detail oriented as well. Sting Gray is epic, I had a 2019 Sport S in sting gray, such a beautiful, wet, color

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Thanks a lot man, you are obviously detail oriented as well. Sting Gray is epic, I had a 2019 Sport S in sting gray, such a beautiful, wet, color
Thank you, I do like the SG.

How do you like the Oracle flush mounted tail lights?

I like the concept, but would like one that has an amber turn signal light. If they put that in that blank spot, for those of us without side sensors, that would be about right to me. Still considering them though.

OP
OP
OverIsland

OverIsland

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Army
Thank you, I do like the SG.

How do you like the Oracle flush mounted tail lights?

I like the concept, but would like one that has an amber turn signal light. If they put that in that blank spot, for those of us without side sensors, that would be about right to me. Still considering them though.
I really like them a lot. My jeep was a halogen equipped jeep and I upgraded to the oem led tails right after I got it and loved that upgrade a lot. Just looked so much more refined. Then I moved to the oracle flush mount and wow, the reverse lights alone are at least double the brightness. I would say closer to 3x brighter. And I really like the function amity of being flush mounted, less likely to know them off

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I really like them a lot. My jeep was a halogen equipped jeep and I upgraded to the oem led tails right after I got it and loved that upgrade a lot. Just looked so much more refined. Then I moved to the oracle flush mount and wow, the reverse lights alone are at least double the brightness. I would say closer to 3x brighter. And I really like the function amity of being flush mounted, less likely to know them off
That's good to know, thank you for the information. I definitely want some that are flush, so have been looking at the Next Venture ones as well. Like the metal plate, but I don't really care for the light, nor that I would have to have them painted.
The Oracle ones do look good.

Thanks!
:captain:

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
Another nice build, it is very similar.

Quick question, hope the OP doesn't mind.

How do you like the Rugged Ridge front bumper?

I'm seriously considering one, just not sure about the bolted on bull bar. But, I really want some type of bull bar like that, or the Poison Spyder Bruiser. Just curious if it is sturdy, since it is a bolt on.
I really like the RR front bumper. The metal on it is thin but where it needs to be solid it is solid. It is on the lighter end of front bumpers which is what I wanted. The winch tucks up nicely and is very snug to the grill. I have drilled holes in it to mount lights and then have mounted lights to the bar. I am very pleased with the bumper

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell yeah dude, super nice Jeep! I love your softtop, is that the Trektop? Do you like it?
Yes its the trektop. So far so good. Bestop is an amazing company with beyond impressive customer service. I removed the top for winter and found out I over torqued all 4 of the bolts that mount the rear door surrounds on. I called bestop explained what happened and that I needed to order new door surrounds as I had broken mine. They sent me brand new door surrounds free of charge. No hassle no asking for receipts or nothing. They have a customer for life from me love bestop. @Bestop

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I really like the RR front bumper. The metal on it is thin but where it needs to be solid it is solid. It is on the lighter end of front bumpers which is what I wanted. The winch tucks up nicely and is very snug to the grill. I have drilled holes in it to mount lights and then have mounted lights to the bar. I am very pleased with the bumper
Thank you, that's good to know. Being steel, inexpensive, but especially light weight was why I was looking at it. Not expecting the bull bar to protect in a collision, just was curious if it would stand up to regular use.

Thanks again!

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, that's good to know. Being steel, inexpensive, but especially light weight was why I was looking at it. Not expecting the bull bar to protect in a collision, just was curious if it would stand up to regular use.

Thanks again!
so I’ve had both bars mounted on it the stinger and now the bull bar. They are just bolted in place with a bracket that helps strengthen it to the frame. So yea I don’t expect the bull bar to provide much protection. Mostly just there to mount lights to

BFCF9AE2-7CEF-4597-A80C-7C2261A3DB7B.png

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
so I’ve had both bars mounted on it the stinger and now the bull bar. They are just bolted in place with a bracket that helps strengthen it to the frame. So yea I don’t expect the bull bar to provide much protection. Mostly just there to mount lights to

Jeep Wrangler JL Oscar The Grouch 2021 Sarge Green JLUR build BFCF9AE2-7CEF-4597-A80C-7C2261A3DB7B
Awesome, thank you for the extra info. It is very much appreciated. The RR bumper is at the top of the list. Hope to purchase something soon.:rock:

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Really nice build.

Any chance you could show some photos of the tail lights in the various stages of on (running, turn, etc.). I have the stock halogen on mine and I want to upgrade to LED of some sort. The reverse is horrible and I'm not sure on the smoked lights on black (plus it'll degrade the reverse output even more). Are those tail lights plug and play?

OP
OP
OverIsland

OverIsland

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Army
Really nice build.

Any chance you could show some photos of the tail lights in the various stages of on (running, turn, etc.). I have the stock halogen on mine and I want to upgrade to LED of some sort. The reverse is horrible and I'm not sure on the smoked lights on black (plus it'll degrade the reverse output even more). Are those tail lights plug and play?
Yes they are plug and play, the revers light is 2 or 3 times the brightness of the oem led tail reverse lights, they are crazy bright. I’ll work on some pics.
Sponsored