First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Not sure if you know it but they added the auto 4wd as an option on rubicon this year. Although you can't get diesel with it.
You’re right I did see that. But I know an LSD fairs better in snow than lockers would in most cases. Decisions decisions. I want to be fully decided the minute orders open. What are you going with?
Sponsored

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Not sure if you know it but they added the auto 4wd as an option on rubicon this year. Although you can't get diesel with it.
I'm currently set on the diesel rubicon. Leds , upgraded radio, front camera, body matched fenders and hardtop. Plus a soft top, both safety options , heated seats. and preferably silver. I hear that might be an issue so I need to pick a 2nd color. Puts it right about 65k msrp

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I'm currently set on the diesel rubicon. Leds , upgraded radio, front camera, body matched fenders and hardtop. Plus a soft top, both safety options , heated seats. and preferably silver. I hear that might be an issue so I need to pick a 2nd color. Puts it right about 65k msrp
Nice. Sweet build. Curious why Rubicon over Sahara for you? Also, what made you choose the diesel version?

IdahoSting

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
My build for a 2022 is almost identical to Caseman2, but now I am getting a little nervous about the diesel and I want to see what color changes there will be.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I added it to my 2.0T Rubicon order, I think it will work out great where I live but time will tell

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I added it to my 2.0T Rubicon order, I think it will work out great where I live but time will tell
Yeah why not? You still have 4 HI and 4 LO, this just makes driving in snowy streets much easier and gets rid of binding issues.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
My build for a 2022 is almost identical to Caseman2, but now I am getting a little nervous about the diesel and I want to see what color changes there will be.
Can you do diesel and the 4HI auto (select-trac) together?

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
Yeah why not? You still have 4 HI and 4 LO, this just makes driving in snowy streets much easier and gets rid of binding issues.
To play devil's advocate, I suppose there's more potential for transfer case issues. I'm in the same boat waiting on the '22 announcement (and Billet Silver). I really want 4 Auto/Hi for Chicago winters, but I've had a lot of issues with the TC (selec-terrain) in my 2012 Grand. Can anyone speak to longevity experience with the Wrangler FT 4WD to put me at ease?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
To play devil's advocate, I suppose there's more potential for transfer case issues. I'm in the same boat waiting on the '22 announcement (and Billet Silver). I really want 4 Auto/Hi for Chicago winters, but I've had a lot of issues with the TC (selec-terrain) in my 2012 Grand. Can anyone speak to longevity experience with the Wrangler FT 4WD to put me at ease?
People that I have chatted with seem to like it but it's only getting more common in wranglers. I don't think there are a ton of people who have had it for a while but I am sure someone in 2018 who had it can chime in.

I live in SoCal. So I would only use it in the mountains to go snowboarding. It would only be used for a couple weeks tops out of the whole year. The rest of the time I will leave it in 2HI.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Interesting. I wonder what prevents that with the gearing and Diesel engine? I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. Just want to see the build sheets already!!

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Ready, but waiting….looking to order a 2022 2dr Rubicon.

Given the Rubicon, expecting some changes.

‘Hopefully more details in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
People that I have chatted with seem to like it but it's only getting more common in wranglers. I don't think there are a ton of people who have had it for a while but I am sure someone in 2018 who had it can chime in.

I live in SoCal. So I would only use it in the mountains to go snowboarding. It would only be used for a couple weeks tops out of the whole year. The rest of the time I will leave it in 2HI.
It's been in the RHD ones from day one (All rubicons and Sahara/Overlands), at least it has been here in Australia, so 3 years now and no mumbles of any issues on the Australian groups or forums. i love it in mine, in the heavy rain you can floor it at the lights and away you go, no wheel spin ;)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

I dont think youll need 4WD auto here. When you go up to the mountains, use 4HI. Youll be fine, I do it all the time and theres no binding when you actually need it.

Trick with snow is really about how gentle you drive. If youre sliding then you are either accelerating too fast, braking too hard, taking turns agressively, or driving too fast.
Sponsored