Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A combined household income of $300k sounds like a millionaire to me since I bring in less than $50k and my wife is a stay at home mom. I can see where a $50k jeep is not a big hurdle at that point, Until you consider the cost of the house. I can also see where that would suck up all that extra income. Its two different worlds and its hard to understand the others guys finance situation from that perspective.

Needless to say, I guess we all want what we can't have. The nature of fallen humanity and our non-stop greed and coveting of our neighbors possesions.
my jeep was 31.5k before taxes. i dont come from money, neither does my wife, we've made our own way. we both paid for our college education and managed to get our graduate degrees covered by scholarships, schoolwork, etc...

my dad taught me to be practical. To buy what you need and no more. in a consumer based society they always try to sell us a lot more than we need or even want. and always think future.

Most people become rich not so much because of their yearly income but what they choose to do with their money. investments can go a long way long term.

i have friends struggling with money and they have very cushy profitable jobs. Theyre driving 70k cars, traveling several times a year, and buying designer shit.

i will never buy a 392. it is pretty cool, yet the dumbest Jeep ever made (sorry). id rather buy a 40k Jeep and invest the 40k which will become a fortune in 30 years and allow me to buy all the 392s I want.

i get it, we have to live life and we can die any moment but to me a 40k brand new Jeep is a huge splurge and makes me more than happy. anything more is just gluttony.

We are lucky to have very innovative publicly traded companies. i like to take as much advantage of that as I can.
Sponsored

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Let's not forget that $300k income comes with a 50% total tax rate out here, as our government thinks we are rich. 6 figure taxes and 7 figure homes say we are far from it. Another 15 years and I can sell this overpriced home and move the hell out of CA very comfortably retired.
and this. You have a government who loves to tax successful middle class americans because theyre "rich" and use that tax money for stupid shit, like paying 500k a year to a bay watcher at venice beach.

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
The people who aren't rich are really stretching their budget. Anyone who has $80k to buy a Jeep like it was nothing has deep pockets. And yes they are definitely hard-core Jeep enthusiasts.

But there should be no reason that Jeep can't offer the 392 Jeep in a lower trim with cloth seats and all the stuff we don't want for $60k or less.

I actually think they will. It would make sense too. They even offer the Hellcat this way!! You can get Hellcat with cloth seats and a manual transmission for less then the red eyes and super stocks. And let's be real the 392 is from the $40k Scat Pack. Why the hell Jeep is charging so much is beyond me. It's not a Hellcat.
Probably because unfortunately they're taking advantage of the hard-core Jeep enthusiasts like they always have with there prices.

In the end it would be nice to see Jeep actually throw Jeep enthusiasts a bone and offer the 392 in a more affordable option package. They can if they want to.
Here’s where I disagree. I by no means am “rich” rich people make millions a year. Stretching it to 80k is not that difficult. If you set your self up then you should have no problem. Maybe for someone on minimum wage 80k would be hard. But the difference between an 80k car and a 60k car on a loan term I’m sure is 6 years since we are even having this discussion is 200$ Pay off your current car gain equity and trade it in. Be ahead not behind.
There’s a very simple reason Jeep won’t offer the 392 as a motor option. They would lose money. They are making a killing on the 392 trim if they moved it to an optional motor they would lose out on 20k for ever one sold - or what ever the price they sell it to the dealers at. Then the dealers would lose the 20k.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Pretty sure you can spec a new C8 Corvette for $62k!! Thats about what this 392 Jeep should cost!!đź‘Ť
You will be waiting 18 months to get it. You might also have your order canceled from the dealer because they know they can order the allotment anyway they want and then add a "market adjustment" fee of up to $30k. This has happened a bunch of times on the C8 forums/pages. I was going to order a new C8 and decided to wait to how they turned out. There have been a ton of issues with the new platform.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Here’s where I disagree. I by no means am “rich” rich people make millions a year. Stretching it to 80k is not that difficult. If you set your self up then you should have no problem. Maybe for someone on minimum wage 80k would be hard. But the difference between an 80k car and a 60k car on a loan term I’m sure is 6 years since we are even having this discussion is 200$ Pay off your current car gain equity and trade it in. Be ahead not behind.
There’s a very simple reason Jeep won’t offer the 392 as a motor option. They would lose money. They are making a killing on the 392 trim if they moved it to an optional motor they would lose out on 20k for ever one sold - or what ever the price they sell it to the dealers at. Then the dealers would lose the 20k.
I don't think for a second Jeep would offer the 392 as an engine option. I would just like to at least see the currently 392 Rubicon have different options as I said before like cloth seats and Soft top for example.

Sponsored

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I don't think for a second Jeep would offer the 392 as an engine option. I would just like to at least see the currently 392 Rubicon have different options as I said before like cloth seats and Soft top for example.
It’s there top of the line model that comes with everything. Why offer something that is priced at what an optioned base rubicon would cost. They lose money on that idea.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I'd buy a 2 door sport with A/C and nothing else with a 392 in it.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I don’t want the 6.4. It’s overkill. I want the 5.7 Hemi for a $5k up charge, like on the Grand Cherokee. 395 hp and 410 lb/ft would be the engine/price sweet spot IMO.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
When you already sell everything you can make, why do things like this? But sure, give me a 392 and rear locker option in a Willys and I'd probably trade my Rubicon in for one.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I don’t want the 6.4. It’s overkill. I want the 5.7 Hemi for a $5k up charge, like on the Grand Cherokee. 395 hp and 410 lb/ft would be the engine/price sweet spot IMO.
5.7 2 door Rubicon would be sick!! I'd be all over that!!

d0cff688-7ee3-4084-a60a-fddb20f6b276.gif

Sponsored

Punk'nVulpine

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Occupation
Motion Graphic Artist
That's not going to happen. It will still be a Rubicon and the same as it is now just with cheaper options like cloth seats.

What Jeep needs to do with the Willys is offer it with a rear Locker!
True. But what is likely to happen, and what I think would be sweet are not mutually exclusive. I will never win the lottery, but it would be pretty freeken sweet if I did.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You will be waiting 18 months to get it. You might also have your order canceled from the dealer because they know they can order the allotment anyway they want and then add a "market adjustment" fee of up to $30k. This has happened a bunch of times on the C8 forums/pages. I was going to order a new C8 and decided to wait to how they turned out. There have been a ton of issues with the new platform.
I lied. I’m back. Only on this post though;):rock: Don’t believe all the hype on issues. Of course there are a few. But no more than any other offering out there. The cars are amazing. If you were going to get one, get it. You will not be in the least bit disappointed.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 392 Stripper? 84B8AE48-9CF3-4367-8FA7-F84319561AD0

My only complaint is I didn’t get one sooner.
Sam

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
I lied. I’m back. Only on this post though;):rock: Don’t believe all the hype on issues. Of course there are a few. But no more than any other offering out there. The cars are amazing. If you were going to get one, get it. You will not be in the least bit disappointed.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 392 Stripper? 84B8AE48-9CF3-4367-8FA7-F84319561AD0

My only complaint is I didn’t get one sooner.
Sam
Can we ban this guy? No one deserves a 392 and a C8. LOL
Nevermind me. I'm just jealous. Nice Vette.

What color is that? It looks blue, but then it looks like its maybe white or silver and just reflecting a blue sky.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Arctic White. Heres a shot before the transparent roof and carbon mirrors were put on.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 392 Stripper? A80F86B1-CD51-4382-BA11-2BCF30A78570

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
Nice. I like the transparent roof and mirrors.
Sponsored