JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I have still yet to see another 392 in SoCal. I saw one in AZ. I do see quite a bit of Rang Rovers, Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrari’s though. At least in Orange County, California there’s not many “rich guys” buying them. I think most people buying a 392 are already passionate about Jeep’s and love a naturally aspirated V8.
The people who aren't rich are really stretching their budget. Anyone who has $80k to buy a Jeep like it was nothing has deep pockets. And yes they are definitely hard-core Jeep enthusiasts.

But there should be no reason that Jeep can't offer the 392 Jeep in a lower trim with cloth seats and all the stuff we don't want for $60k or less.

I actually think they will. It would make sense too. They even offer the Hellcat this way!! You can get Hellcat with cloth seats and a manual transmission for less then the red eyes and super stocks. And let's be real the 392 is from the $40k Scat Pack. Why the hell Jeep is charging so much is beyond me. It's not a Hellcat.
Probably because unfortunately they're taking advantage of the hard-core Jeep enthusiasts like they always have with there prices.

In the end it would be nice to see Jeep actually throw Jeep enthusiasts a bone and offer the 392 in a more affordable option package. They can if they want to.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Who are you?? Get real. Just because Jeep slapped a $77k+ price on the first rendition of it doesn't mean there can't be other incarnations of it and it's only for rich snobs. I bought my 2015 Scat Pack Challenger 392 for $38k brand new. Please tell me what makes the 392 Jeep so special that it costs literally double the price of that car? What because it has 4 wheel drive and leather? Lol..

I hope Jeep does offer it so stuck up people like you roll over, throw a temper tantrum and cry!! 🤣😭
You can prolly sell that Scat pack for more than that now :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The people who aren't rich are really stretching their budget. Anyone who has $80k to buy a Jeep like it was nothing has deep pockets. And yes they are definitely hard-core Jeep enthusiasts.

But there should be no reason that Jeep can't offer the 392 Jeep in a lower trim with cloth seats and all the stuff we don't want for $60k or less.

I actually think they will. It would make sense too. They even offer the Hellcat this way!! You can get Hellcat with cloth seats and a manual transmission for less then the red eyes and super stocks. And let's be real the 392 is from the $40k Scat Pack. Why the hell Jeep is charging so much is beyond me. It's not a Hellcat.
Probably because unfortunately they're taking advantage of the hard-core Jeep enthusiasts like they always have with there prices.

In the end it would be nice to see Jeep actually throw Jeep enthusiasts a bone and offer the 392 in a more affordable option package. They can if they want to.
I just wish you could get 4:10 gear option for Sports :)
And while we're at it a 4:56 option for Rubicons

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I just wish you could get 4:10 gear option for Sports :)
And while we're at it a 4:56 option for Rubicons
And rear Lockers. I at least think the Willys should be offered with a rear locker. But that's entirely different topic. 👍

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

I hear you my friend. Options are great but as we know it’s profits first. Just like Apple, Nike and Coke. This will never change.

Unfortunately I don’t see it happening. Stallantis already dismantled the SRT team. The 392 will not be around long as they are pushing for electric and fuel efficient hybrids across the boards.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I hear you my friend. Options are great but as we know it’s profits first. Just like Apple, Nike and Coke. This will never change.

Unfortunately I don’t see it happening. Stallantis already dismantled the SRT team. The 392 will not be around long as they are pushing for electric and fuel efficient hybrids across the boards.
They would still make a killing selling them. Probably more even by offering it with cloth seats and a lower trim for a cheaper price.

I actually think they purposely didn't make the lower trim an option in 2021 because they knew they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand during the pandemic and chip shortage.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
They would still make a killing selling them. Probably more even by offering it with cloth seats and a lower trim for a cheaper price.

I actually think they purposely didn't make the lower trim an option in 2021 because they knew they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand during the pandemic and chip shortage.
I hear you but I highly doubt it. I don’t think the market for 392 HEMI in a Jeep has as big of market demand as you might think. The V8 will be gone soon and we will see improvements to the 4Xe and expansion of it across the wrangler line until we begin seeing full electric.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
The first Challenger SRT8’s were option loaded vehicles significantly higher priced than RT’s. Dodge offered a SRT8 CORE package that had the go fast 392 but cloth and a lot less interior goodies. It’s been done before so speak up!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
The first Challenger SRT8’s were option loaded vehicles significantly higher priced than RT’s. Dodge offered a SRT8 CORE package that had the go fast 392 but cloth and a lot less interior goodies. It’s been done before so speak up!
Yes but SRT division has been dismantled. The HEMI is going to have an EOL sooner than most of us would like.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I don’t see electrification taking over as soon as some think or hope.

Jeep has already proven a V8 can be stuffed into a JL, so why not a 5.7 for the “lesser” trims. All of the development and engineering is done and 5.7s can be pulled right out of inventory. Could be a $3000 option across all trim lines.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I don’t see electrification taking over as soon as some think or hope.

Jeep has already proven a V8 can be stuffed into a JL, so why not a 5.7 for the “lesser” trims. All of the development and engineering is done and 5.7s can be pulled right out of inventory. Could be a $3000 option across all trim lines.
Maybe because it might reduce the sales of the high dollar flagship if there was a much cheaper V8 option?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This is ultimately why I'm not interested in the 392 at the moment. Price isn't the issue so much as I simply don't want painted fenders, a painted top, or leather seats.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I hear you but I highly doubt it. I don’t think the market for 392 HEMI in a Jeep has as big of market demand as you might think. The V8 will be gone soon and we will see improvements to the 4Xe and expansion of it across the wrangler line until we begin seeing full electric.
Maybe not in California but where I live people eat breath and die V8s! Trust me. A non loaded 392 Jeep will sell like hot cakes. As said before when the SRT Challenger first came out it was fully loaded to the max and sold for a high premium and was the top dog. Eventually Dodge came out with the Scat Pack and they flew off the shelves. Even I bought 2 over the years. Then the Hellcats came out as well and the rest is history.

Trust me when I say this the Market is massive for a non loaded 392 Jeep like the Scat Pack Challenger. Literally all they have to do is offer it in a lower trim package at a much cheaper price and sales will skyrocket.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Maybe because it might reduce the sales of the high dollar flagship if there was a much cheaper V8 option?
That's like saying the Scat Pack reduces the sales of the Hellcats. It doesn't. People have budgets and Dodges success is in having a flavor for everyone's price range. Being that Dodge and Jeep are the same company I'd be shocked if they didn't do this.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
This is ultimately why I'm not interested in the 392 at the moment. Price isn't the issue so much as I simply don't want painted fenders, a painted top, or leather seats.
Those are my main issues as well. I'd be paying extra for stuff I don't want.

It's the same as the local Jeep dealer has a 2 door Rubicon coming in stock but they optioned it out with hard top , cold weather package, technology group ect.. All stuff I don't want. And it's even Gecko green the color my daughter is begging me to get and is similar if not the same color as my Scat Pack Challenger.

But I won't pay the extra money for it. Not just because it's more money then I want to spend but it's because I literally don't want those options.

I want Soft top, Gorilla glass and the 4.1 Rock track 4wd system for my options instead. And my spec will cost less.

Same with the 392. I don't want all that expensive interior creature comforts. I just want the dam engine. And at a cheaper price.
Sponsored