Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
You should keep your fingers crossed the UAW doesn't shut down the plants again. With Covid coming back big, with walkouts at two FCA plants last week, with FCA telling workers they won't get paid if they walkout there is a growing chance.
They will be smarter about lock downs the second time. People under 60, without diabetes or obesity should work, people with conditions should get 1/2 - 3/4 pay (tax free) or something and be allowed to stay home. But it looks like Ohio is on the rise. People waiting through two shut downs - Brutal.

Screenshot 2020-07-02 17.03.28.png
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Younger people are the problem getting it in bars and restaurants then spreading it. UAW people get at 85% pay if government shuts them down raising the price of the vehicles to us. It's times like this that financial experts say to have 6 months of savings not the government paying it.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
yes 2021. They are only building 70 cars a week as opposed to the normal 200. There’s a new plant tour on YouTube of their covid precautions. It’s pretty intense, I’m ok with the build time. I want the workers safe and I need more time to save so I can add to the downpayment.
also Im just really hoping they don’t bring back purple or chief blue or I’ll be kicking my own ass for gettingArmy green.
I have a friend that owns a dealership and he said definitely not to get a 20 off the lot because they could not get any new parts. so they’re using stuff left over from 2018 and 19 which is usually the least wanted options. Aka 2.0 L engines
Congratulations on the order. I feel you, choosing the color has been the challenge for me. Sarge Green is pretty nice, sure you gonna love it. With the delivery date that late, I assume if new color is announced you can cancel this and place another order, just saying lol. I'm still debating between the color and also if I should get the Full Time 4WD or not before placing my order, hopefully by end of this month.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Congratulations on the order. I feel you, choosing the color has been the challenge for me. Sarge Green is pretty nice, sure you gonna love it. With the delivery date that late, I assume if new color is announced you can cancel this and place another order, just saying lol. I'm still debating between the color and also if I should get the Full Time 4WD or not before placing my order, hopefully by end of this month.
I know right, choosing between 5 grays is definitely hard. I thing the sting gray is way too Trendy and will be dated quickly/look old fast.
I got the altitude which has a very limited “upscale” color palette. So I doubt I can get bright blue on that. I’ve also heard that the fun colored paint doesn’t hold up that well and bubbles easily. (It was cheaper to get the altitude then to add all the options to the sahara)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know right, choosing between 5 grays is definitely hard. I thing the sting gray is way too Trendy and will be dated quickly/look old fast.
I got the altitude which has a very limited “upscale” color palette. So I doubt I can get bright blue on that. I’ve also heard that the fun colored paint doesn’t hold up that well and bubbles easily. (It was cheaper to get the altitude then to add all the options to the sahara)
Paint bubbling is aluminum corrosion and it doesn't matter the color of the paint. It can happen on all aluminum vehicles just like rust can on steel ones.

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Just curious where you heard they are only building 70 “cars” a week. They are making way more than that.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
yes 2021. They are only building 70 cars a week as opposed to the normal 200. There’s a new plant tour on YouTube of their covid precautions. It’s pretty intense, I’m ok with the build time. I want the workers safe and I need more time to save so I can add to the downpayment.
also Im just really hoping they don’t bring back purple or chief blue or I’ll be kicking my own ass for gettingArmy green.
I have a friend that owns a dealership and he said definitely not to get a 20 off the lot because they could not get any new parts. so they’re using stuff left over from 2018 and 19 which is usually the least wanted options. Aka 2.0 L engines
They are at 70% of normal production at last report. That would be about 400 to 500 per week.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
they’ve been selling about 240,000 a year. They have the capacity to make up to 1000 per day and I think they usually do about 700 per day. Not per week. Per day. so they’re probably making 400 or 500 per day now.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
they’ve been selling about 240,000 a year. They have the capacity to make up to 1000 per day and I think they usually do about 700 per day. Not per week. Per day. so they’re probably making 400 or 500 per day now.
Correct, I wasn't concentrating when I was typing.

turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Ordered my '21 Rubicon 2dr on 6/24. I was told 8-10 weeks. But, you all seem to think it'll be longer?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my '21 Rubicon 2dr on 6/24. I was told 8-10 weeks. But, you all seem to think it'll be longer?
The way Jeep schedules production schedule you can have the first order for the 2021 run and not have it built for three months. Watching orders that are a week old get built and delivered. For the 2020 run there are still January and February orders waiting while people that entered orders the end of May and first of June have already been built and shipped.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
I don’t know if this is true or not but I was told by a dealership that there’s two different ways they can order it 1. A build That doesn’t count towards their sales numbers but counts towards their total sold. 2. An inventory order that counts as a lot sale.
Build come quicker than general inventory, but hurt the dealer.
I went through about seven dealerships before I found a relation that actually owns a dealership. Some dealerships told me four weeks some dealerships told me six months.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I know of two colors that are late availability; however, I cannot disclose those two colors.

The V6 w/Auto is available on the Rubicon. All Auto V6 Wranglers will be equipped with ETourque.
I wonder when these colors will be released

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Correct, I wasn't concentrating when I was typing.
I certainly don't know what the "real" numbers were, are, or will become . . . but what is being neglected here is the Fact of the DROP in people buying Vehicles. The reasons should be obvious so I won't repeat them . I would think FCA and all the other manufacturers are taking the current "situation" into account as to Production numbers moving forward . I think it's gonna be quite some time before there is ANY resemblance of normalcy for Consumers or Manufacturers, regardless of which or who . Only the "well to do" are weathering the day to day necessities with NO Problems, IMO .
Sponsored