2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
A lot of ’21s going to be arriving in ‘22.

Last edited:

stealth1178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl wrangler2dr sport
So need advice right now I have a 2022 wrangler willys sport 2 door on order crank windows and manual locks and 3.6 v6 auto be honest I hate power windows but after I add mopar led lights and taillamps I am almost at the same price as ordering a wrangler willys with led standard reason I hate power windows i had an 88 grand am during an ice storm the windows frozen down and I had to drive home during a blizzard wirh the windows stuck down

Deleted member 59498

So need advice right now I have a 2022 wrangler willys sport 2 door on order crank windows and manual locks and 3.6 v6 auto be honest I hate power windows but after I add mopar led lights and taillamps I am almost at the same price as ordering a wrangler willys with led standard reason I hate power windows i had an 88 grand am during an ice storm the windows frozen down and I had to drive home during a blizzard wirh the windows stuck down

My advice is not to leave your windows down during ice storms! :)

I have them freeze and not roll down but not the other way.

Yes most of the LED and such are standard on Willys, but is a 4000 option over the sport.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
A lot of ’21s going to be arriving in ‘22.
Maybe about 2000 2021s will get delivered to dealers in 2022. Not sure if that is common or not? Nothing is normal with covid and the shortages.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still.waiting on my 21 ordered wayyy back in july.....this blows!!!
All '21's are built.

Did you get a current status?

After being built the only a few real hold-ups. QC where defects have to be corrected is one. There are a lot of built vehicles waiting for OC repairs. They are short mechanics and some parts so that can add a little time. Some Mopar options installed after the line, or logistics might delay delivery also. Your probably waiting for transport to your area. They won't send a truck or train out until it's full. There will probably be 2022's delivered with your '21.

Last edited:

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
There’s a probability that some of our orders have been sold to other customers and that we’re not being told this.

My situation is suspicious. June order. On rail since 11/12. Sales manager repeatedly claims he cannot track vehicle or tell me where it currently is.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a probability that some of our orders have been sold to other customers and that we’re not being told this.

My situation is suspicious. June order. On rail since 11/12. Sales manager repeatedly claims he cannot track vehicle or tell me where it currently is.
In the past I remember reading about someone's Wrangler being stuck at a rail yard for over a month. Their dealer could not give them a location either. They did eventually get their Wrangler.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Is it still lost?

Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Yes. I gave up on it and had to use the word “attorney“ to get my deposit back.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I gave up on it and had to use the word “attorney“ to get my deposit back.
Did you ever ask FCA about your order?

You going to re-order from another dealer or try for something else all together?

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Did you ever ask FCA about your order?

You going to re-order from another dealer or try for something else all together?
-FCA was no help at all. They provided months of misinformation that conflicted with the local stealership misinformation.

-Made deal out of state easy peasy.
Sponsored