2020 Willys Blown Motor

Doolally41

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL
I hope everyone who owns a jeep and has thought or are currently using an after market air filter ie K&N, or any other brand, you void your lifetime warranty by using these better air filters. My 2020 JLU has all maintenance records oil, oil filter, spark plugs, water pump, serpentine, etc….never ran hot. Never gave me a warning. I started it one evening to go to store and suddenly was surrounded by steam. Still no check engine light. Call dealer they say bring it to them (3.4miles) as I was pulling into dealer my check engine light came on but jeep had run great. Just by driving it in, no one would have thought it was blown. However none of that matters if you use an “after market” filter that is better than the factory. I was just denied my claim bc of this air filter. @JeepCares they don’t care. I treated my jeep like a baby. 1st Jeep and in love with it. Lots of miles but I did my maintenance and more and can prove it but they don’t care bc it has an after market air filter….be aware and take note everyone jeep wants their every 30,000 mile money for that air filter or you void that lifetime warranty.
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Are you the original owner and when did you buy it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doolally41

Doolally41

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL
Are you the original owner and when did you buy it?
I bought it with 8 test drive miles Brand new 2020. I am the only owner. I can prove all maintenance.

OP
OP
Doolally41

Doolally41

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL
There is no "lifetime warranty" on a Jeep. Is this some dealer offered warranty?
I bought my Jeep at Secret City Jeep in Oak Ridge and it came with a lifetime warranty on drivetrain.

Pape

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So what failed exactly ?
'surrounded by steam' sound like cooling house blowout.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I bought my Jeep at Secret City Jeep in Oak Ridge and it came with a lifetime warranty on drivetrain.
That's not a Jeep warranty though, that's third party through the dealer. All of those are shady, just like the Car Shield commercials on TV. Everything excluded...

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
They cannot force you to use MOPAR parts, you can use aftermarket parts on your Jeep or any vehicle. You should call another dealership, do not drop this and accept that your warranty is voided...

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T
@Doolally41 Make sure you are going back to the dealer at which you bought the Jeep ..
Sponsored

Last edited: