Sponsored

2020 Order package updates?

TnRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2018 Cherokee
Has anyone heard of the new 2020s JL package group changing? I ordered LEDs cold weather group and electronics/ trailer group. My dealer calls today and says Jeep requires and has already installed on my build, the blind spot detection and parking assist, which I didn’t order. The dealer says they are going to TRY and not make me pay for it. I ordered my Jeep 27 September and haven’t even got a VIN yet. I am overseas so I am being patient but now I’m suspicious.
Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I'm really growing tired of their games as well. Makes me glad I haven't ordered. They broke the deal, I'd demand my deposit back.

Last edited:

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, Jeep is now requiring certain packages including parking sensors and blind spot detection, as well as proximity locks on Rubicons.

I ordered my Rubicon on 10/6 without the safety group (I really don’t want the stupid parking sensors... the camera is superior anyway). If you ordered in September and your dealer had placed the order promptly then you’d not have been forced into options you don’t want. That’s on your dealer to fix.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be interested to see then if mine has it on there. Ordered 10/31 and did not add all the safety crap as I don’t want. Wasn’t on my build sheet. I hope not as I heard it was after that they started requiring all that.

Cblue32

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Picking mine up tomorrow that I ordered on 10/22 and wasn’t forced with those options.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Change appeared to have taken effect last week. Your order is probably fine.

I’ll be interested to see then if mine has it on there. Ordered 10/31 and did not add all the safety crap as I don’t want. Wasn’t on my build sheet. I hope not as I heard it was after that they started requiring all that.