Sponsored

2020 JLU Cold Weather Package Price?

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Looking over the order guide the price seems to have jumped to $995 from $695. It's now $695 if you have the manual transmission (I'm guessing because it then doesn't include remote start). Anyone have any idea why the package went up from $695 to $995? The remote start is still $495 as a stand alone option. So the extra cost to have the heated seats and steering wheel went from $200 ($695 package price minus $495 remote start price) to $500 ($995 - $495). I'm hoping something else has been added to the package but I'm guessing probably not.
Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
You live in FLA...why on earth would you pay for Cold weather Package?
even the coldest day in FLA won't trigger steering wheel or seats to heat.
It goes off outside air temp, I believe it is 41 degrees, I forget if it is seats and steering wheel.

Hell, I am in NJ and see no need to spend money on Cold Weather Package...Jeep heat is crazy, I remote start my jeep and in 2 minutes I can slow roast a pork loin inside it.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I always thought there was a price difference between manual and auto for the cold weather package.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The price has always been different for manual vs auto in regard to this option.

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I always thought there was a price difference between manual and auto for the cold weather package.
Yeah price difference is because the cold weather package includes remote start and manual cars don't get remote start so the package is cheaper.

As for the cold weather package itself, i originally spec'd it because I was already getting remote start ($495) for all our hot days so I can cool the car. And the cold weather package was only an extra $200. My wife gets pretty cold and I figured this way we could ride with open top in winter and she can have the seat heaters (she uses her seat heaters in her convertible all winter). But 2 factors are making me rethink- the price increase - now it's $500 above the stand alone remote start and the second factor is what ChrispyJL just wrote:

It goes off outside air temp, I believe it is 41 degrees, I forget if it is seats and steering wheel.
Are the heated seats only triggered by outside temp? If so they will be useless. Or can they be manually turned on when it is 60 degrees out and my wife wants added heat?

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Are the heated seats only triggered by outside temp? If so they will be useless. Or can they be manually turned on when it is 60 degrees out and my wife wants added heat?
You can manually turn the heated seats on. It’s a “comfort” setting that they automatically turn on below 40 degrees

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, BMW 135i
Looking over the order guide the price seems to have jumped to $995 from $695. It's now $695 if you have the manual transmission (I'm guessing because it then doesn't include remote start). Anyone have any idea why the package went up from $695 to $995? The remote start is still $495 as a stand alone option. So the extra cost to have the heated seats and steering wheel went from $200 ($695 package price minus $495 remote start price) to $500 ($995 - $495). I'm hoping something else has been added to the package but I'm guessing probably not.
No price change, same as 2019. $995 with the auto, $695 with the manual.

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
No price change, same as 2019. $995 with the auto, $695 with the manual.
You're right. I kept looking at the Jeep builder for 2019 and saw $695 for cold weather. which shows up on the page before the choice for transmission. I just noticed that if i first choose automatic then the cold weather package rises to $995. My bad.

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
And... do the AT tires come with the cold weather package (Sahara, if that matters)?

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
And... do the AT tires come with the cold weather package (Sahara, if that matters)?
yes, the sahara i just got has the cold weather package and has the dueler all terrains (good looking tire imo). my wife loves that the heated steering wheel and seats come on by their self. her explorer had heated/cooled seats that would come on when remote started but would turn off once you started the vehicle.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
yes, the sahara i just got has the cold weather package and has the dueler all terrains (good looking tire imo). my wife loves that the heated steering wheel and seats come on by their self. her explorer had heated/cooled seats that would
Is the for all builds, or just the premium ones? I don't see this option auto populating on the sport based models.