Sponsored

Jeep Rubicon Order - Xtreme Package Mandatory?

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Just get a diesel. YOu'll love it
Sponsored

idlingmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Among other remotely modern trucks, a Wrangler Sport S is ridiculously capable off road.

Good info here.
I was looking to order a 2021 Rubicon, but just got the bad news about the mandatory $4,000 extreme package...really pisses me off to say it nicely...
Dealer told me 2.0 Turbos are not available to order right now either, but maybe in the next allocation in September. Might as well wait and order a 2022 in October then...

After reading all the replies to this thread, I've switched gears and decided to build a Sport S, which in all honesty, won't be used that much off road anyway.

One Question:
Is the Rubicon hood available to order for a Sport S? Any secrets to getting that done?
(I know, it's kind of a "poser" thing in my case here, but I really like the looks of that vented hood) lol

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Perhaps it's because I ordered my JLUR with a manual but I placed my order on 8/6 and did not opt for the XR package and was not required to add it.

idlingmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Maybe order date, maybe non-etorque 3.6, maybe both.

Perhaps it's because I ordered my JLUR with a manual but I placed my order on 8/6 and did not opt for the XR package and was not required to add it.

jhix

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
The 392 are now being required to order the XR as well. it is closer to 12k with the price increases.
FWIW. I checked with my dealer. Dempsey in Plano Illinois. They can still order 392's (maybe 3-4 allocations left) without the XR package. I worked with TJ. Zero pressure. Provided weekly updates. Order to door ~ 8 weeks. Contact:

TJ Martis
Internet Sales Manager
Mobile: (630)381-7418
Office (630)466-3229
Store: (630)552-7688
Email: [email protected]

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)