Sponsored

2018 JL Manual Window Option

batman4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Does 2018 JL Rubicon Model comes with manual window option?
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Does this apply to 2018 JK model as well?
Yes, no manual windows or locks option for the Sahara/Rubicon with the JK(U).

I prefer manual on the 2Dr as I can reach all doors/windows, but electric on the 4dr.

OP
OP

batman4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yes, no manual windows or locks option for the Sahara/Rubicon with the JK(U).

I prefer manual on the 2Dr as I can reach all doors/windows, but electric on the 4dr.
Yeah I am talking about 2 door. so 2018 JK 2 door Rubicon model has manual window? I really want manual window with manual transmission although I want leather heated seats with navi

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I am talking about 2 door. so 2018 JK 2 door Rubicon model has manual window?
No.
When it is written as JK(U) that means JK/JKU.
No manual locks or windows for either 2dr JK Rubicon or 4dr JKU Rubicon, or the 2DR/4Dr Sahara either,

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You would have to buy a base Sport and build it up aftermarket.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
No manual locks or windows for either 2dr JK Rubicon or 4dr JKU Rubicon, or the 2DR/4Dr Sahara either,
I thought on the 2dr JK Rubicon, if you want to retain the manual windows and manual locks, you simply don't order the Power Convenience Group?

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
I thought on the 2dr JK Rubicon, if you want to retain the manual windows and manual locks, you simply don't order the Power Convenience Group?
You could get a 2017 JK Rubicon without power, here's an example http://www.autonationchryslerjeepwe...r-golden-8ef098e50a0d04fe266a73063afac46c.htm

Jeep web site shows Power Convenience Group as an option on the 2018 JK as well.

But according to all the standard feature grids and ordering documentation charts I've seen it looks like power windows and locks are standard on the JL Rubicon.

What exactly is the fascination with manual windows?
I understand as it's one less thing to malfunction. My daughter's 1998 Dodge Intrepid has power windows that will occasionally not work.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Power windows aren't a new, sketchy technology, though. Everyone has them down. And should they actually break, they're typically pretty easy and inexpensive to fix.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm... Yeah, interestingly enough, that seems to be the case in the US but not here.
So you have to add the Power Convenience group to get power windows in the US, but it’s not the case in Canada where the option doesn’t even appear for a Rubi configuration.

I know you can delete a lot on a build sheet, and make rather one-off/one-of-a-kinda builds that way, but it seems like the default 23R packages are different for the JK in the US and Canada. There are some differences like that in the JL as well, but they are usually things like the block heater.

Weird regional difference, never noticed that before.

So, to the OP @batman4ever , yeah it looks like I was wrong, and YOU can get a Rubicon with manual doors/locks.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
What exactly is the fascination with manual windows?
I work with a guy who claims real jeeps should never have power windows. He is an old school guy and thinks thinks wranglers should be no frills (even hard top is a frill in his world), no giant tires, engines, should be cheap and ready for work.

His daughter has semi permanently stole it realizing it could maybe do a bit more, so no worries guys no jeeps were harmed in the telling of this story.

Guess thats the great thing about the brand, people love it to death and have their "things" they want and love about them.
Sponsored