2018 Wrangler JL Factory Service Manual

badtux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Found this at https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/81-370-18071-CD. Its a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Service Information CD for 134.99
Yep. That's TechAuthority for the JL Wrangler boiled down to a CDR. A good stop-gap until your Jeep is available on AllDataDIY which will get you the latest data as of a few months ago, including current part numbers, TSB's, and recall information. The CDR goes out of date quickly as far as part numbers etc. and updates are not included in the purchase. At least it'll have all the torque values and such in it though.

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So is that CD the full factory service manual that is able as the online version through the subscription? I don’t mind it being static. Any printed version would have been static as well.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I have the CD/DVD version.

It's OK, but it doesn't have much in there I couldn't figure out on my own. Mostly just how to take things apart drawings with part numbers.

I was really hoping to get wiring diagrams, which are not on the CD.

But I have only browsed the disc, not dug all through it, so there might be something useful on it I just haven't found yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I’m going to have to check and see if the 2006 TJ FSM even had wiring schematics.

callipygian

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimitied Sport
I have the CD/DVD version.

It's OK, but it doesn't have much in there I couldn't figure out on my own. Mostly just how to take things apart drawings with part numbers.

I was really hoping to get wiring diagrams, which are not on the CD.

But I have only browsed the disc, not dug all through it, so there might be something useful on it I just haven't found yet.

You have the CDR?

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have the CDR?
Yes, i have the CD version versus the online login.

I tried to put it on my server so I could use my tablet in the garage to view it, but no success with that yet.
I need to really sit down and see how they store everything. They use your browser to view everything on the cd.

callipygian

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I tried to put it on my server so I could use my tablet in the garage to view it, but no success with that yet.
I need to really sit down and see how they store everything. They use your browser to view everything on the cd.
Can you

Do they tell you how to remove the SRS module? If yes can you give me any pointers ?

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you

Do they tell you how to remove the SRS module? If yes can you give me any pointers ?
I don't see anything on the SRS module itself, just the sensors and other components of the system.

I look a little deeper later, but it's not in the section with all the other Modules.

callipygian

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see anything on the SRS module itself, just the sensors and other components of the system.

I look a little deeper later, but it's not in the section with all the other Modules.
Any help is appreciated. Thx
I got a Witech subscription and am considering tech auth tomorrow just in case.

miguelroboso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Any new info? Really want the wiring diagrams.
The USB version seems to contain wiring diagrams:
Wiring information includes: System based wiring diagrams, detailed circuit information, connector information at the pin/circuit level, full wire harness routing and extremely detailed connector, component, fuse/relay location graphics. Repair procedures that provide step-by-step removal and installation instructions for vehicle systems and components that include detailed graphics to aide in service diagnosis of electrical / mechanical systems, DTCs and symptom-based concerns. All the information a technician needs on a compact USB drive!
They weirdly say that it is not compatible with Mac Os, but I wouldn't know why, since it is browser based.

https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/81-370-18071-SUSB

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
This thing (CD/USB) seems been out of stock forever on Techauthority, does anyone know if they will restock at all?
Sponsored