2 Door storage solutions

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Hi, running the 2 door with back seats removed and need some storage for the general crap that we all keep in the car (water bottle, ice scraper, de icer, dog lead, tools etc). There's no under floor storage with the sub woofer so what are you using?
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, running the 2 door with back seats removed and need some storage for the general crap that we all keep in the car (water bottle, ice scraper, de icer, dog lead, tools etc). There's no under floor storage with the sub woofer so what are you using?
A 4 door? Sorry too easy.

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
For loose smaller items, I try to fit in the spaces directly behind the front seats. For bigger items, I try to secure with a cargo net that has hooks that I can loop around the back seat standoffs.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
For the items you mentioned, would the center console not meet the need? It's pretty deep and it would it seem your list would fit in there okay.

OP
OP
stewartld

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I think the centre console would be too small and it's already got other stuff in it like sunglasses and other bit.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a custom fit box to fit in the back made up, with a couple of compartments, possibly 3D printed but no idea of the cost yet...

Sponsored

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
With back seat removed I store a lot of stuff on the "floor" behind the front seats and under the front seats. I put koozies in the cup holders to hold small items. I also have two fold-able crates that I keep strapped down via bungee cords to be used as needed (grocery shopping).

OP
OP
stewartld

stewartld

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Nice - is that the Weather Tech floor mat you have there?

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
I also keep both front seats slid all the way back. me for driving and my wife so she has more room, I also don't want her on top of the dash for safety. Everything fits fine. I just slid the seats up for the pics. I will be strapping the ARB comp down later this week.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Yes weather tech.

Sponsored

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the ARB fridge harness wired to the Genisis dual battery setup.
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I run 2 door with the back seat out, as well. I use the webbing on the seat backs for MOLLE bags to store a lot, a few organized canvas bags in the back seat footing area for tools, recovery, recovery/winching stuff, winter weather stuff , and summer weather stuff. With the back seat out, more real storage/cargo area than a 4 door, if you don't need the seating.

Planning on a Diabolical Slipstream as soon as released for the 2 door JL, which effectively makes 2 levels of storage area in the cargo bay.

Reactions: aai

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
If you want to build a custom cabinet, take a look at using some 30 mm t-slot extrusion to frame it. You can use 1/4" King Starlite XL for filler panels. This makes a strong, light, water resistant cabinet that will stand up to off road abuse. A common configuration for over-landing is a slider for a stove and drawer stack on one side, and a slider for a chest style refrigerator on the other (or some similar combination). A Coleman liquid fuel type stove works well for this application.
Sponsored