2 Door Soft Top Window

Jerneycg

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Since I’ve purchased the Jeep I’ve had a myriad of problems with my soft top. Off the lot, the c-channel on my driver side window was sprung out to where the top window kept falling off track. Under warranty Jeep replaced it. When I brought the Jeep in for the clutch recall I showed the manager where the sewn seam was coming apart. Good will gesture, I got a new soft top. A couple days after getting my Jeep back after the completion of the recall and soft top replacement I noticed a cut on the passenger side of the soft top. Doesn’t look like the dealer did it, more so something that happened during manafacturing. Regardless, it’s been 2 weeks and I’m still waiting to hear back from the dealer about what FCA says. So then yesterday, 75 mph on the parkway and my passenger side window decided to fly off. Anybody else with this many soft top issues. Few months back I received instructions on how to properly remove and install the windows etc from FCA via mail. I am assuming more people than myself are having problems specifically with the side windows, why else would Chrysler send out directions assuming people are installing them wrong.
Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I had a 2019 sport for a year with absolutely no issues at all. My 2020 Rubi has had the first issue you described since day 1. Dealer ordered me a new window and we will see if that is my only issue.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I pulled my windows yesterday and saw one had come out of the channel part way like you are describing. It's been really hot here. Time will tell if it happens again.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Zero issues with my 2018 2dr, premium top.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My soft top windows had an issue with the plastic channels spreading open on me causing the window to partially hang down. Took a heat gun to them and molded the channels for a tight fit. No issues with the channels since.

Ken Sommers

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2021 Silverado 1500
I've had my '21 Wrangler Sport since April '21, no issues yet. Liked the soft top on my 2014 better, folded down further into the storage area and I liked the zippers better than the plastic/rubber channels.
Sponsored