Sponsored

Rear soft top window coming unlatched

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Here’s mine (which must be the old style). The tabs do look a little short.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear soft top window coming unlatched CB14000B-3991-49E5-B378-8D8BDF6E8B2B
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
@JeepCares Before the Covid-19 lock-down, I took my JLR in for service and had the manager test and verify that the tabs on my rear window are indeed too short and don't stay in. He agreed to order a replacement window with the new design (part number is 5VP84FX9-AG) under warranty. The new window arrived but I didn't get a chance to pick it up till today, several months later since the lockdown in CT was finally lifted. Unfortunately, that manager is no longer there and his replacement won't give it to me until you guys provide an RO #. Please help!

Finally got my new rear window today. So nice to be able to drive down the highway with the windows down without the tabs popping out. It was a bit of an ordeal to get the window replaced. The only way the dealer could let me have the replacement is if I opened a case with Jeep Cares first, then had that case escalated to a case manager who would then contact the dealership and have them inspect my old window. Apparently, their two systems are not connected. Even though I had a case sitting there for months, the dealership couldn't proceed until they received either an email or phone call from the case manager.