Sponsored

2 Door Love

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Cute puppy! Question, are those the Mopar side steps? Thinking about purchasing them.
They are, I have since switched to Rough Country steel sidesteps just to give a bit more protection underneath. The step area is great on the Mopar step, if you want a nice long & flat step area these are the best, and they don't weigh much at all.

Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
They are, I have since switched to Rough Country steel sidesteps just to give a bit more protection underneath. The step area is great on the Mopar step, if you want a nice long & flat step area these are the best, and they don't weigh much at all.
Thx so much. Luv the price on Amazon also. Really debating if should go metal also? Kinda more tough looking in thinking. However the Mopar do look so OEM though. decisions, decisions. Lol

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thx so much. Luv the price on Amazon also. Really debating if should go metal also? Kinda more tough looking in thinking. However the Mopar do look so OEM though. decisions, decisions. Lol
Since you have a Rubicon I'd lean toward a steel set, the Mopars work well but will take some pretty hard damage if you get in contact w/ most anything.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Ask yourself what you imagine in your mind when someone mentions Wrangler? Not even Wrangler, just JEEP? Do you see many Jeep or Wrangler logos with a 4-door silhouette? It is usually the 7-Continent Grill and headlights or a side view of a 2-door Wrangler.

Just about all of the Easter Eggs on BOTH 2-door and 4-door Wranglers are of 2-DOOR Wranglers! Enough said! And the microphone drops...BOOM!

https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...rangler-unlimited-rubicon-ecodiesel/?slide=13
well, none of the Easter eggs are Wranglers.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
well, none of the Easter eggs are Wranglers.
I agree the Flip Flops are sandals are dedicated to Rick Pewe. The Willys MB is what the Wrangler evolved from. A 2-door. None have 2 extra doors. Or a pick up truck bed. Lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The Willys MB is what the Wrangler evolved from. A 2-door.
Agreed, but they aren’t the same. Would you walk up to a Willy’s owner and say nice Wrangler? I know I wouldn’t. Isn’t part of the fun of the brand knowing all the model designations and names? The Gladiator evolved from the Wrangler, I sure as hell wouldn’t say the Easter eggs were Gladiators.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Agreed, but they aren’t the same. Would you walk up to a Willy’s owner and say nice Wrangler? I know I wouldn’t. Isn’t part of the fun of the brand knowing all the model designations and names? The Gladiator evolved from the Wrangler, I sure as hell wouldn’t say the Easter eggs were Gladiators.
This is a thread about the Love for 2-doors. I personally love the 2-door. The 2-door Wrangler is the closes cousin to the Willys MB and JEEP decided to use that for it's Easter Eggs. I should have just said 2-door. Happy?

I also know the 2-door probably would not exist today without the sales generated from the 4-door and probably the Gladiator. They need each other. That I am thankful for. I am thankful there are those additional choices so the 2-door is still available. For now anyway.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I've always loved the look of the 2-door the most, but with two dogs and the need to haul things, the 4-door was really my only choice. I still love it though (it's a Wrangler after all).
Sponsored