2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
Where were you talking about 2drs being in production? I've scanned headers in the first three general forums back to Feb 12 (scheduled start) and I can't find a thread with production confirmation. Instead, I've come across a response from the Jeep Chat site that states production has been delayed until next week at the earliest and possibly the week following.

I know Jeep Chat is not the most reliable source of information, but I've yet to come across verification that 2dr builds are underway. Would love to be proven wrong since I have skin in this game.
Iā€™ve been wondering the same thing myself; because there are no definite responses to any 2 door production. Yes, JeepCares did not say 2 door went into production; just that they would be built soon.

Plenty of people have ordered 2 doors, but nobody has confirmed their actual physical vehicle build is in process. VON and VIN number creation is not the same as the steel, aluminum and components being bolted/welded together.
Sponsored

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
Ordered my Rubi/Auto/LED/Tow/Hardtop on 12/6. Factory rep told dealer mine is scheduled for 3/9 build (this status was on 2/16). Still shows 2/6 ship date on the order system.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Why can't you just give me an exact date and time when sting Grey will go into production. Stop playing immature games.
As a customer I demand to be treated with respect.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
jeep chat says theyā€™re not sure but to look out your window in about a half hour and you might see it - if not, just look out the window every 30-45 minutes for like another 4 to 8 weeks - it should definitely be there

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
According to Jeep. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of four doors. Delaying two door production.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
Sounds like you should be one of the first, have you checked with the dealership lately on an update.
Latest data from factory rep is March 9 build date :crying:

Sponsored

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
I vote for "Me" ;) Ordered 12/6 Rubi/Hardtop/Auto/Tow/LED
What was your out the door price? Thatā€™s the same set up Iā€™m looking at but havenā€™t pulled the trigger

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I have a Jan 8 order for a Billet Silver Rubi that's at D1 with a shipping date of Feb 24 according to the POC printout I have from Feb 13. However, the factory has yet to acknowledge it as D1 and I'm hearing that 2dr production could be delayed another week. Bottom line, I'm not holding my breath for a build next week.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Great, wonā€™t be long now. :like:

I have a Jan 8 order for a Billet Silver Rubi that's at D1 with a shipping date of Feb 24 according to the POC printout I have from Feb 13. However, the factory has yet to acknowledge it as D1 and I'm hearing that 2dr production could be delayed another week. Bottom line, I'm not holding my breath for a build next week.