Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Nooooooooooooooooooo!:angry::angry::angry:

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’m kinda glad I’m in a holding pattern right now trying to save a little more plus not wanting my wife and I to both have a car payment every month until she’s a little closer to paying her’s off - I know there’s plenty here waiting who have actually placed orders, etc. Being the proud owner of another first year design vehicle I “had to have right now “ I also inherited all the bugs before they were worked out in future years. Sadly patience was never my strong point :giggle:

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
The ratio of smart ass to real replies is sitting at about 2/1.
I just found out they are building the Canadian Spec 2 doors first.
I run the statistics based on the number of threads with the same question/s.... would shed a whole new light as to why the “smart ass” replies is growing in frequency. More of comical relief than anything.

Except Rubi.... I just like to pick on Rubi for being obnoxious with the whole 2 door/Sting gray crap with bashing FCA cause he feel disrespected.

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
The ratio of smart ass to real replies is sitting at about 2/1.
Not a big deal, but I think the OP could have been treated better. His was a legitimate question to ask because the long stated target startup had just passed and there was no word on whether it was met. The responses were dismissive, particularly the one that said he needed to go back and read the past 2 pages of posts for an answer. Turns out, there was no answer there or anywhere else on this forum. To this day, there has not been a definitive answer on whether 2dr builds have started, though there's recent talk that it's starting today. I have my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I just found out they are building the Canadian Spec 2 doors first.
What's your source for this? Not challenging it since, if you look at my location, I have a lot to gain. I did go to D1 last week ahead of a great many older 2dr orders, so that seems supporting. However, my order has yet to show up on the Jeepgarage.org MOTS factory database as a scheduled build.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Hopefully it's underway. I was hoping they get a few months of practice in before my build comes around.

Mini poll: like this post only if you have taken delivery of your JL and haven't experienced a problem with it.

thanks fam

Todwgnr

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Happy build day!!!!:like:
They don't have all the parts at the factory for the JL 2 door.
Its not up for production today
2/19/18
As for my Jeep online chat.
I'm disappointed i will try chat again later in the week and post

Sponsored

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
They don't have all the parts at the factory for the JL 2 door.
Its not up for production today
2/19/18
As for my Jeep online chat.
I'm disappointed i will try chat again later in the week and post
Well that’s a bummer! I wasn’t able to order until 02/15, so mine will be a while. My current lease ends April 17th. I’m hope hope hoping I have her by then!!

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
What's your source for this? Not challenging it since, if you look at my location, I have a lot to gain. I did go to D1 last week ahead of a great many older 2dr orders, so that seems supporting. However, my order has yet to show up on the Jeepgarage.org MOTS factory database as a scheduled build.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, I wasn't serious. This is my response to how my original post was answered by some others on here. I was looking for some info and got some negative responses.
I wish it was true. I'm waiting for a 2 door Sport S with manual.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a big deal, but I think the OP could have been treated better. His was a legitimate question to ask because the long stated target startup had just passed and there was no word on whether it was met. The responses were dismissive, particularly the one that said he needed to go back and read the past 2 pages of posts for an answer. Turns out, there was no answer there or anywhere else on this forum. To this day, there has not been a definitive answer on whether 2dr builds have started, though there's recent talk that it's starting today. I have my fingers crossed.
I did look back a few pages as recommended. I didn't really find any information.
This will be my first Wrangler. I hope to be able to contribute to this forum more when I get the vehicle and gain experience with it.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Actually, I wasn't serious. This is my response to how my original post was answered by some others on here. I was looking for some info and got some negative responses.
I wish it was true. I'm waiting for a 2 door Sport S with manual.
Nicely played. For further sarcasm reference and a fun welcome to the forum, I suggest checking out the key fob thread.
Sponsored