Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Well, best of luck. I have always enjoyed reading your comments. :)
This is the best car forum I've ever been a part of. You're all upbeat adventurous people.

The enjoyment I've had here is nearly worth the $500 deposit I'm about to roast.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you said you were looking at them?. aren't you going to lose some break over angle with any sliders you put on? if not how much protection could they really be giving you?
i was and did, then i ordered the similar ones from JCR because they appeared to offer more room than the ace imo. but alas the rails did not make it in time for the trip and i got that body rub. sooooo i upgraded my order to the JCR Crusader sliders which will hide my rub too. i most likely wont see sliders till september now sadly, as they are made per order. the Ace one do not look like they are any lower than the frame and thats where you get most your hits. my other concern was weight as it appears you still leave the rubi rails on if you have them? i am looking forward to seeing someones installed and used for sure tho. im just as excited by all these new parts as everyone else is! the protection comes from spreading the load but you want to look for how they are mounted also, every piece of hardware is a potential point to get hung up.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
1st battle scars today...500 miles on the highway when something large and loud scared the hell out of me.

Thought it was windshield but didn't see any cracks. Looks worse than the pictures and I can only assume it was a large piece of highway concrete wall barrier kicked up by the car in front of me. Bam! Shotgun.

Oh and also death decided he liked my car and sat on the hard top to critique his work

IMG_20180724_055725.jpg

IMG_20180724_055732.jpg

IMG_20180724_060651.jpg
Dude...I am so sorry. How you holding up?

jholli95

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S Fire Cracker Red
So does anybody know when the two doors will start to appear in the North Carolina area? I have still yet to find any throughout the entire state.

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
So does anybody know when the two doors will start to appear in the North Carolina area? I have still yet to find any throughout the entire state.
I have a 2 door Rubi in the Outer Banks and there is at least one more 2 door on the local dealer's lot.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I was in Orlando recently and I saw a Mazda dealership near the airport. I stopped in to check out the MX-5 RF (Miata with retractable hardtop). Nice looking car, pretty fun to drive, but I hit my head getting into it even when I bent down as low as these old joints would let me bend. It looked nice though, especially the special red that they have that costs extra. From a practicality standpoint though, I prefer the RX-7 that I owned around 30 years ago. It was also a 2-seater, but it had a small area behind the seats with some storage compartments and enough space that you could put a small cooler for when you were on a road trip. Also, it was a hatchback and there was more space back there. I like 2-seater sports cars, but I also like to have enough room to put a small drink cooler behind the seats and it be reachable.

Sponsored

jeeperJB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
Have used the Ace sliders on last two Jk Rubi and Willys with Rubicon rails. Wheel Rausch Creek and other course doing blue and moderate trails with no problems.
I also kayak so they make a nice platform to load them.

2E6AB4CC-184D-4675-8FD1-34F2740733C6.png

760310C2-5C6A-453A-A9A9-D283386184C9.jpeg

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
The wrangler I ordered is en-route to Salt Lake City

Unfortunately, I have decided to go a different route. I will not be accepting delivery of the base-model blue beauty. Thought I'd let this great forum know.
Nooo....Miata is a fun car too; it is a different route. Have fun with it!

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I was in Orlando recently and I saw a Mazda dealership near the airport. I stopped in to check out the MX-5 RF (Miata with retractable hardtop). Nice looking car, pretty fun to drive, but I hit my head getting into it even when I bent down as low as these old joints would let me bend. It looked nice though, especially the special red that they have that costs extra. From a practicality standpoint though, I prefer the RX-7 that I owned around 30 years ago. It was also a 2-seater, but it had a small area behind the seats with some storage compartments and enough space that you could put a small cooler for when you were on a road trip. Also, it was a hatchback and there was more space back there. I like 2-seater sports cars, but I also like to have enough room to put a small drink cooler behind the seats and it be reachable.
As far as small sports cars I had a TR7, Datsun 280Z and two MGB's. Most collectable was my 67 GTO that I crashed when I was 17. Hard to pick a favorite but I can say of all the different vehicles I have owned or driven the Jeep Wrangler is my favorite!
GTO.jpg

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Hmmm, surprising, western North Carolina is jeep country. It may be people are getting good deals on the JKs. Here in the low country, I’ve seen maybe 2 JLUs, no 2 doors either. Checked jeep site, 1 jl only in 75 miles.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Have used the Ace sliders on last two Jk Rubi and Willys with Rubicon rails. Wheel Rausch Creek and other course doing blue and moderate trails with no problems.
I also kayak so they make a nice platform to load them.

2E6AB4CC-184D-4675-8FD1-34F2740733C6.png

760310C2-5C6A-453A-A9A9-D283386184C9.jpeg
Gosh John, that beautiful sign in the photo makes my heart ache, I wish I could be there! Unfortunately I have a dentist appointment to go to! However I do have some time next 2 weeks.
Does anyone know any easy trails in North Carolina? I’m just a beginner.
Sponsored