Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I can't remember who, but someone asked a while back if the manual doors (hand cranked windows & non-electric mirrors) still had the electrical plug that needs to be unplugged before taking the doors off.
The answer is yes; there is an electrical plug that needs to be unplugged.
I wonder if the sole purpose of that plug is a little indicator light to tell you if the door is open.

Oh well
Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I can't remember who, but someone asked a while back if the manual doors (hand cranked windows & non-electric mirrors) still had the electrical plug that needs to be unplugged before taking the doors off.
The answer is yes; there is an electrical plug that needs to be unplugged.
I was asking someone about it the other day, but I don't remember which thread I was on.

We were talking about alarm systems and I had said that if there is a light in the cabin that comes on when the door opens, there must be a switch in the door or opening. If it was in the door, then there would be wires leading to it that needed to be unplugged and if you can't see the switch, maybe they were using a magnetic stitch like is used on some home alarm system.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I wonder if the sole purpose of that plug is a little indicator light to tell you if the door is open.

Oh well
It's the only purpose I can see.
Maybe also for the ability to upgrade to power mirrors???

Sponsored

Sydneytola

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner OffRoad; 2018 JL 2 Door, Ordered 1/24
Ok, here are my RPM readings (basic driving; not NASCAR driving!):
Starting out in 1st going to second is really short! I500 rpms;
2nd to 3rd: about 2000 and about the same throughout the rest of the gears.
No need to go into 6th until up in the mid-50s; then once in 6th gear it will stay just under 2000 rpms all the way up to 75 mph.
I don’t know about you but if I put it in 6th at 50mph it takes forever to get up to 75. The power band in this machine is from 2k - 3k rpm.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Picked her her a few days ago, love the color but not liking how it doesn’t hide streaks like the grays.(lol, never owned a dark paint vehicle before)
Other than that I’m loving it, no complaints feels built well and the engine/tranny combo (auto) is the best I’ve ever had in any of my Jeeps. Feels super smooth and downright quick!
It was worth the wait

88A8797C-7306-494E-84C5-B1383FF92001.jpeg

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Picked her her a few days ago, love the color but not liking how it doesn’t hide streaks like the grays.(lol, never owned a dark paint vehicle before)
Other than that I’m loving it, no complaints feels built well and the engine/tranny combo (auto) is the best I’ve ever had in any of my Jeeps. Feels super smooth and downright quick!
It was worth the wait

88A8797C-7306-494E-84C5-B1383FF92001.jpeg
I can’t wait to ge my blue beauty! Looks a lot better in forum pictures than on the Jeep site.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Still playing with my new toy. She got her first wax:

20180708_185422.jpg
20180708_185429.jpg
20180708_185434.jpg
20180708_185442.jpg

I also did a little bit more for looks: Painted the muffler.

20180708_160555.jpg

20180708_165054.jpg

20180708_170427.jpg

20180708_185017.jpg

20180708_192556.jpg

I'm sure touch ups will be required, but after seeing some of the Nacho Jeep photos I was sold on a black muffler.

:beer:

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
I can’t wait to ge my blue beauty! Looks a lot better in forum pictures than on the Jeep site.
It’s really a beautiful color. I’ve had a person turn their vehicle around on the street and pull up along side of me and ask me about her. Just last night I was at a cookout and my Jeep was parked in my friend’s driveway. A random person pulled in the driveway and got out and started taking pics of her. Lol
Gonna take some getting used to, a little too flashy for me at the moment but she’s growing on me.
Also! One last thing DON’T waste your $ on that hinge and sill protective wrap from Red Rocket it’s complete garbage

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
I do believe you hold the dubious record for longest wait. What keeps me going is hearing how happy everyone seems to be with their Jeeps. Still have not seen a 2 door JL in the wild, but I am okay if the first one I see is mine. :)

We will be picking it up in Calgary, and then driving back to Vancouver. I have 2 boys (11 and 13) and we will stop and camp on the way back through the Rocky Mountains.
Sounds like an awesome way to break it in! I'm excited for you!!!

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! I’m at 238 and counting!
Wow-that sucks. Although the order banks for 2-doors didn't open until 12/5/2017. Did you have a pre-order set up with your dealer or something?

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s really a beautiful color. I’ve had a person turn their vehicle around on the street and pull up along side of me and ask me about her. Just last night I was at a cookout and my Jeep was parked in my friend’s driveway. A random person pulled in the driveway and got out and started taking pics of her. Lol
Gonna take some getting used to, a little too flashy for me at the moment but she’s growing on me.
Also! One last thing DON’T waste your $ on that hinge and sill protective wrap from Red Rocket it’s complete garbage
What happened with the hinge film? I'm getting ready to put mine on. I thought I heard others here had installed it as well. I'm really curious to know more about your experience before I try it.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
What happened with the hinge film? I'm getting ready to put mine on. I thought I heard others here had installed it as well. I'm really curious to know more about your experience before I try it.
Well in complete honesty I didn’t do the hinge wrap yet but I did attempt the door sill cover and it was awful. It wasn’t perforated to come off from the actual backing, I mean you could see the outline but it wouldn’t separate. Wasn’t impressed with it at all

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
If you take your time, I'm sure the Red Rocket hinge protection looks great. I was a bit quick about it and so it's likely to go as soon as I have rock rails that will double as mud/rock flaps.
Sponsored