2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Well today is June 1st! My dealer said my Jeep would definitely be here by my bday....well today it is and I’m still in D status. I’m frustrated beyond belief! You all know what my bday wish is going to be!!
upload_2018-6-1_6-48-29.png
Happy Birthday and best wishes to you! I would think you have to be further along than D., that makes no sense whatsoever, and is just plain NOT right!

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
It seems like it will cast a cool reddish shade in the cabin too.
I just ordered the red shade too, being all black with a few red accents I think it'll give the right pop

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I'll be taking a nice drive back down to FL once it comes in. Any recommendations on places to stop through South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida?
The Ocala National Forest is probably one of the best spots here in Florida; and it's on your way back home!
https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/ocala/recreation/ohv/?recid=32295&actid=93
Then, there's Big Cypress National Reserve. Another cool place for off-roading and camping.
https://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/orv-use.htm

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
Awesome! Glad you got things fixed! Enjoy the weekend and have fun getting to know your Jeep. I am very impressed with mine!
Driving it around just doesn't feel like a Jeep Wrangler in the city, feels extremely nice and love all the upgrades.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Good morning everyone!

11, 2 door, stickers have popped up in the past 24 hours, oldest is 12/5 and newest is 5/11 order date.

Best guess is few, if any, of these have PST. It’s like WTF, they building 1 PST a week or some BS?

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Since the 2 door just came out it may be a couple of more months to get after market parts for them. Ive been looking for a bikini top that won't let water thru since I got the hard top and no luck as of yet.
Afflction,

I've been doing the same. I ordered a hardtop only since dual tops weren't available and fully expecting soft tops to be available for aftermarket purchase by now. lol I've been searching for a bikini top as well and haven't settled on anything yet. I'm impressed by the Jtops reviews. Their 4 door reviews are really good, but they've not started producing 2 door products yet. I'm thinking on waiting for their product. What are your opinions or anyone else?
thanks,

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Afflction,

I've been doing the same. I ordered a hardtop only since dual tops weren't available and fully expecting soft tops to be available for aftermarket purchase by now. lol I've been searching for a bikini top as well and haven't settled on anything yet. I'm impressed by the Jtops reviews. Their 4 door reviews are really good, but they've not started producing 2 door products yet. I'm thinking on waiting for their product. What are your opinions or anyone else?
thanks,
I also think that JTops makes a nice product. I’ve read on other forum threads that once they get a hold of a 2-door, they can proceed with the design. They only recently got their own 4-door and had to borrow a local customers JLU to design what they have now.

Sponsored

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
I see crypto found @3uPh0riK build sheet!
w00t w00w

I got this today:
We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique, specific configuration.

I have taken the liberty of looking up your 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL order and the current status as of May 31st is the following:

Production – Your order is progressing through the frame, paint, and trim production status' and should be progressing to the final production stages very shortly.

Maybe I'm next?

Larry

First Name
Larry20
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK S 2-Door Rock Lobster Red, 2018 JL S 2-Door Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Soft Top Window Storage Bag?

I have been searching the other forums and websites for a JL Soft Top Window Storage Bag. Sounds like we cannot/should not roll up the windows due to the window channels like I do with my JK's windows. Can't find where to order one, even the one from MOPAR - and it looks huuuuge....

I had also been looking for a JL Sun Shade and was un-happy with what I was finding until I saw the posting on this forum for Alien SunShade. I looked there and immediately purchased a blue one for $75!

Any wisdom from anyone for a JL 2-Door Soft Top Window Storage Bag?

Larry

First Name
Larry20
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK S 2-Door Rock Lobster Red, 2018 JL S 2-Door Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase