Rubiconvict

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just called the 877 number and got some details that have not been shared on the 866 number. They gave me the ship date (6/18), ship method (rail), ship destination (Kent, Wa). None of this information was provided by the folks on the 866 number.

On the downside they moved my ship date from the original 5/16 to 6/18 and once it arrives in Kent, Wa they don't have anything scheduled for the delivery to my dealer in Kirkland, Wa.

Original order date 3/2 <<updated>>
White 2-door Rubi with all options (including the dreaded headliners)

Last edited:

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Just called the 877 number and got some details that have not been shared on the 866 number. They gave me the ship date (6/18), ship method (rail), ship destination (Kent, Wa). None of this information was provided by the folks on the 866 number.

On the downside they moved my ship date from the original 5/16 to 6/18 and once it arrives in Kent, Wa they don't have anything scheduled for the delivery to my dealer in Kirkland, Wa.

Original order date 5/2
if you have it before august that's going to be pretty good actually. can't really hope for much better than that, or at least expect it.

unless their backlog or method improves, you will spend some time in JB AFTER it gets built 6/18 - 6/20

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Original order date 5/2
Is this correct, you ordered 28 days ago and are already built and they are scheduling shipping!?!?

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Why? its a dying company. People laugh when they hear Wrangler and talk about screens flashing off and on. You are in a bubble here...

Wrangler is iconic in looks, and fun offroad so it gets passes from the faithful. The rest of the lineup is very problematic and the reliability/repair cost are off the charts. IT was looking like they might go under, but they have a good seller in new jl, but that may not be enough
yeah but the grand cherokee is a huge seller too, and their little fiats have more problems then all the jeeps put together. not to mention the 4 dr wrangler is selling like crazy.

RepeatJeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previously 2005 TJRU, 2018 JLR(Pending)
Occupation
US Army Warrant Officer
Got my Build Sheet today

Moosh67

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (ordered 2/26/18)

RepeatJeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previously 2005 TJRU, 2018 JLR(Pending)
Occupation
US Army Warrant Officer

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
No two doors built? What planet is this guy on. They are popping up at dealers faster than mushrooms on a hot summer night!
Thats exactly what I told him. I had to give proof via the forum, pictures from instagram and even Jeeps website which shows vehicles delivered on dealer lots or en route. Then was told that they searched and there were only two 2-doors in a 400 mile radius of the dealership (in northern NJ) and I believe stated that one was white and another is red or something to that effect because I stated that a buddy saw a 2-door JLR Sting gray in White Plains NY, even though one of the pics I showed them clearly showed a 2-door with a NJ tag that was granite so Im at my wits end as of now.

Sponsored

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This sounds like a reply from late March. Did the Dealer and Rep REALLY state that ?
Are you sure you are at a Jeep dealer ? Was this info given to you by------
"One Hung Low" and Two Can Chew" ? (jokes not ethnic)
This was told to me a week ago. This was info given to me by a sales manager at the Paramus Jeep dealer of NJ, which they say was passed on from their regional rep as a result of me inquiring a real update on my build. Since then, further nonesense has been told to me by them I could attach screenshots if anyone is interested it would actually be quite comical if I was further removed from the situation.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
This was told to me a week ago. This was info given to me by a sales manager at the Paramus Jeep dealer of NJ, which they say was passed on from their regional rep as a result of me inquiring a real update on my build. Since then, further nonesense has been told to me by them I could attach screenshots if anyone is interested it would actually be quite comical if I was further removed from the situation.
I myself am not interested in any more BS posts. I would think others may
agree also. Post #6296

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
In the almost two weeks since I’ve has Vida home, I’ve had her roof panels off many times. I’m always careful with them when it comes to removing, storing & putting them back on. I discovered yesterday when removing them that both panels are chipped. One on the corner of the rear angled edge & the flat interior edge, the other along that angled edge. I have no problem toughening them up by lining the edges to reinforce them, but I don’t think it should be chipping already! Has anyone else noticed this?
Yeah, I had a '14 hard top which I basically just took the tops off at the beginning of summer & put them back on in the fall & noticed chips in just two seasons! Bestop makes a Sunrider for hardtops that is really cool & will allow you to just store your freedom panels. Only problem is, they don't make it for the JL yet, supposedly soon.

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I myself am not interested in any more BS posts. I would think others may
agree also. Post #6296
I agree and figured as much thats why I haven’t posted them.

Does anyone know of better channels to obtain information on how builds are prioritized, if the delays are from a backlog or something else and if there’s any tentative scheduling for any future builds?
Sponsored