2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

salbass

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door
Does anyone know if I should be worried to be in I for 2 weeks? The 866 lady said no, of course. 877 and the infamous jeep chat also confirm the I.
Man I wish I had good news for you. Mine was stuck in "I" for about 5 weeks, every time I called 877 they told me it was "normal" to be in that status for a while. It stayed there for so long that they are now having to build me a new one (which is still in D). Not sure if it technically failed inspection or if they just don't have the ability to make repairs...

acmejl

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2018 1/2 JLR Unicorn
Occupation
Owner of ACME Adventure 4x4, llc
Vehicle Showcase
Dang! I’m still in D status! I am excited to see a lot of you starting see movement and have already taken delivery! It’s definitely a good sign that my JL will eventually arrive.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Man I wish I had good news for you. Mine was stuck in "I" for about 5 weeks, every time I called 877 they told me it was "normal" to be in that status for a while. It stayed there for so long that they are now having to build me a new one (which is still in D). Not sure if it technically failed inspection or if they just don't have the ability to make repairs...
I hope they push you to the front of the line!

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
TODAY 12:08 PM Dealer called they were unloading it off transporter. Yes finally here since 1-11-18 order date. I will (hope) be getting her tomorrow !!!
Streetwater, WTF?! What is this "tomorrow" crap? You heard about this at noon and after waiting ( what is it ) 111 days, you are like "Well, maybe tomorrow."
Interesting. Please explain.
And where is the real Streetwater and what have you done with him?

( good news, CONGRATULATIONS! )

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator

Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Streetwater, WTF?! What is this "tomorrow" crap? You heard about this at noon and after waiting ( what is it ) 111 days, you are like "Well, maybe tomorrow."
Interesting. Please explain.
And where is the real Streetwater and what have you done with him?

( good news, CONGRATULATIONS! )
AH yes I have calmed down quite a bit. I was at the dog park when she called me.
Got home 2:00 Posted my news called my dealer asked for pics. He said it will be
ready tomorrow morning 9:30. Busy day for me. Dog park is a must everyday as
Kona loves it. Yes I will LOVE the Rubicon. As I said this Forum is great and so are
all of you. But it has worn my ass out. I will follow to see how things are going.
We will stay with all of you through this launch and try to help with anything
you question. This has been a life altering episode in my life but just LOOK
how many great people we all have met.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
View attachment 47997 I bought this so my graduating, 18 year-old daughter and I would not miss the 30th Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree. Memories we will always cherish.
To the Best Dad In The Whole Universe, Jim, will you adopt me?

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
AH yes I have calmed down quite a bit. I was at the dog park when she called me.
Got home 2:00 Posted my news called my dealer asked for pics. He said it will be
ready tomorrow morning 9:30. Busy day for me. Dog park is a must everyday as
Kona loves it. Yes I will LOVE the Rubicon. As I said this Forum is great and so are
all of you. But it has worn my ass out. I will follow to see how things are going.
We will stay with all of you through this launch and try to help with anything
you question. This has been a life altering episode in my life but just LOOK
how many great people we all have met.
We'll be picking our vehicles up at the exact same time. Mine was delivered to the dealer today. I went down this afternoon to do the paperwork, make the payment, transfer ownership of my JK and sort out the insurance and registration. Just finished doing all of that and my vehicle is now in PDI, ready for a 10:30 CST tomorrow hand off which should be 9:30 in your timezone.

I did get to see it this aft and do have some phone pics but those aren't what I want to post. I'll be taking pics with my DSLR tomorrow when she's pristine from the PDI and I'll get those up quickly. For now, it's back to my childhood and memories of Christmas eve where it's near impossible to fall asleep thinking about what's waiting tomorrow.

Last edited:

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
5AC3FC3C-D076-4014-A41A-B0330D7F9808.jpeg
70D3F7B3-D666-4E59-B0EF-696CBB740D27.jpeg
E5FD8C0F-239F-4AFF-A965-F5E476492AF3.jpeg
4F1CC66B-223E-4C46-9D19-87E43E674CDA.jpeg
it’s a sign for all of the 2-door waiting people - mine is on a train, and i’m bummed to have to keep waiting, go out for dinner and see this old dude eating ice cream in this sweet restoration...now that a backseat, and he says only canvas doors which were at home
Sponsored