Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Appears to be from Indiana
Makes sense as why ship one 60 miles when you can take it farther.
I have been released for shipping since April 24th. I am not excited
anymore and can not get a straight answer from Jeep Chat or the
dealer. When it comes it comes. If it did not have all that I wanted on it.
I would have canceled. Just can not understand shipping.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Nice to see those 2 door Rubi's on the truck.. Now come on PST's!
I also noticed 2 more 2 doors in transit to my area. I think everyone was getting told mid May for PST, we will see.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Maybe some superior told him to stop?
It would be likely. Word travels fast, and I bet someone high up heard some dude was leaking info by now.

Sponsored

Tillamook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
My (and my wife's) two door has been on the "road" now for two weeks and four days now, and I am hoping, really hoping, to see it this week. As near as I can tell it is the only one coming into the Pacific Northwest, at least to Seattle or Portland.

What I do think is interesting is that this "forum" has twice as many views of the next closest "forum" and about 10 times as many as most and it just started in January 2018. Almost 240,000 views wow! I hope someone gets their MS or Phd based on what is happening here and how FCA missed the opportunity to produce these mass customized Wrangler JLJL72s. I think we all custom ordered them, right?

Instead of all the potential purchasers thinking great of FCA and reaping the good will and rewards of this mass customization they have created 240,000 hits of customer sacrifice. Why would anyone who runs a successful company want to do this? I myself, once seated in the drivers seat and working in the reportedly tough to get in gear transfer case will probably forget that this was ever written but I do hope someone learns from this experience.

My question now is will the dealer honor the price we settled on in December 2017?

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
My (and my wife's) two door has been on the "road" now for two weeks and four days now, and I am hoping, really hoping, to see it this week. As near as I can tell it is the only one coming into the Pacific Northwest, at least to Seattle or Portland.

What I do think is interesting is that this "forum" has twice as many views of the next closest "forum" and about 10 times as many as most and it just started in January 2018. Almost 240,000 views wow! I hope someone gets their MS or Phd based on what is happening here and how FCA missed the opportunity to produce these mass customized Wrangler JLJL72s. I think we all custom ordered them, right?

Instead of all the potential purchasers thinking great of FCA and reaping the good will and rewards of this mass customization they have created 240,000 hits of customer sacrifice. Why would anyone who runs a successful company want to do this? I myself, once seated in the drivers seat and working in the reportedly tough to get in gear transfer case will probably forget that this was ever written but I do hope someone learns from this experience.

My question now is will the dealer honor the price we settled on in December 2017?
you are right, but 200,000 of those are me (feels like)

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S

Instead of all the potential purchasers thinking great of FCA and reaping the good will and rewards of this mass customization they have created 240,000 hits of customer sacrifice. Why would anyone who runs a successful company want to do this? ?
Back in January 2018, they merged all the 2 door threads into this one. Maybe to make it less confusing, maybe to bury the fact people who ordered a late color 4 door in April are receiving real etas before people who ordered 2 doors in December 2017 even see D1. :tumbleweed:

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

Are y’all still waiting on the 2 doors?

What’s the delay!?!

At this point, I would’ve threw the towel in and bought a 4 door. More storage room and longer wheelbase. Seems to be a win-win?

echris1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2dr, 1995 Wrangler Sahara

What’s the delay!?!

At this point, I would’ve threw the towel in and bought a 4 door. More storage room and longer wheelbase. Seems to be a win-win?

Not win win for most of us, since we want a 2 door.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL

What’s the delay!?!

4 doors is right up there with buying a 4 door corvette. I dont like the look at all with top off without removing doors. Too much comprise.

Waay better family haulers out there, and I want my wrangler for zipping around in with top off

Last edited:

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

What’s the delay!?!

Longer wheelbase can be a negative to some. $3,500 more also sucks. Third, style can't be negotiated. I want classic Jeep, not looks that reek of compromise.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

What’s the delay!?!

Yes we are waiting for our two door because that is what we want. The 4 door version is a big seller and very popular for sure. But to many of us it is a stretched version of a Jeep, a family station wagon and simply not what we want for a variety of reasons. The delay is now over and was primarily because suppliers were providing parts for the JK and the JL at the same time and complications involved when introducing a totally new design. Maybe FCA could have done things different, done them better, but they didn't. Now there is a huge backlog of JL orders and every day we get closer to our build. If its worth having it's worth waiting for.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car

What’s the delay!?!

And ugly and doesn't look like a Jeep and too big

cfenoglio

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2dr Rubicon, 2017 4dr rubicon, ordered a 2018JL 2dr rubicon
anyone hear from Drillionaire lately.
Sponsored