jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 2021 2-door Rubicon on 8/24 and picked it up 10/20.
gosh, seems so fast. Glad you dont have to go thru what a lot of us went thru early on. why this thread has so many posts! lol we were all waiting for many months, twiddling our thumbs and checking build statuses incessantly. So what are the specs of your Jeep, what options did you decide on? what did you pass on?
Sponsored

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Hopefully this is the right place for this!

After being a day one reservation holder for a Bronco.... I came to my senses and ordered a 2 door JL today!

I had a TJ in high school and have been Jeep-less for a while now. My 4x4 Ram 2500 single cab doesn't take the trails like a Jeep.... its a little bigger and heavier too... I look forward to posting some pics and hitting some trails when it arrives!

I think I'll have a somewhat of a unique build- Assembly plant may be scratching their head on this one...

2021 JL Sport [2door]
Willys package
Soft top
Sarge Green
6-Speed
Dual door group w/ basic tops
HD electrical/tow package

... and the most controversial option/lack there of- A/C bypass!

A/C will be no doors on this thing! :rock:
Welcome and congrats. You are going to love the 2 Door Willys!

I hold a second day reservation on a new Bronco, looking at getting a 4 door to replace my Audi Q5, will be keeping my 2018 2 door Rubi. Have to say the Bronco roll out has not been the smoothest so far. Well I still do plan to get one so I can have both a Jeep and Bronco I have started to consider a Rubi 4xe with the way the options are on the Bronco for launch.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gosh, seems so fast. Glad you dont have to go thru what a lot of us went thru early on. why this thread has so many posts! lol we were all waiting for many months, twiddling our thumbs and checking build statuses incessantly. So what are the specs of your Jeep, what options did you decide on? what did you pass on?
The good old days of 5 to 8 month waits.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

After being a day one reservation holder for a Bronco.... I came to my senses and ordered a 2 door JL today!

I had a TJ in high school and have been Jeep-less for a while now. My 4x4 Ram 2500 single cab doesn't take the trails like a Jeep.... its a little bigger and heavier too... I look forward to posting some pics and hitting some trails when it arrives!

I think I'll have a somewhat of a unique build- Assembly plant may be scratching their head on this one...

2021 JL Sport [2door]
Willys package
Soft top
Sarge Green
6-Speed

Did you get a tan top?

I have to admit, I really like the Sarge Green. Look forward to the pictures. :like:

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
My biggest issues with the Bronco was; I'm only interested in a manual transmission and I hear the Bronco tmanual is (most likely) made in China by the same group that made the Mustang tranny no one seems to like. I also only want a 2 door and it it doesn't come with a soft top. I have zero desire for a hard top.

I had a hard top in my TJ, and it was always a pain to get off/on and store while it was off. It always just stayed on or off.

Also not a huge fan of IFS...

So JL it was!

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may buy an aftermarket tan top, but I couldn't configure a tan top with the base sport. I also don't think they make half doors uppers in tan...

I did get the tan Seat group though!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I may buy an aftermarket tan top, but I couldn't configure a tan top with the base sport. I also don't think they make half doors uppers in tan...

I did get the tan Seat group though!
Great color combo. :like:

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude

2021 JL Sport [2door]
Willys package
Soft top
Sarge Green
6-Speed

Nice color choice, you'll love it :rock:

If it has no A/C, it's a Willys Sport vs just a Willys, they are separate trims. The Willys trim doesn't have the option of no A/C among other things. There are too many damn trims.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct it's a JL sport with the Willy's group vs the regular Willy's. I agree on there being a ton of trims... I just wanted a no frills Jeep with all the mechanical upgrades I could get. I'd have loved to spec the Rubicon drivetrain on a base sport... will just give me a chance to swap in parts that I want... ::Cough:: atlas II and 4.56 w/ARBs...

I was going to get just plan Sport, as I thought the Willys package was purely cosmetic... But digging more into it, the HD brakes, upgraded shocks, wheels and tires were worth it to me. The tinted soft top, floor mats etc are just bonuses in my eyes.

Same with the tow group... Don't plan on towing- that's what the truck is for, but going from a 160 to a 240 alt, and the switches were worth it.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My biggest issues with the Bronco was; I'm only interested in a manual transmission and I hear the Bronco manual is (most likely) made in China by the same group that made the Mustang tranny no one seems to like. I also only want a 2 door and it it doesn't come with a soft top. I have zero desire for a hard top.

I had a hard top in my TJ, and it was always a pain to get off/on and store while it was off. It always just stayed on or off.

So JL it was!
Friend of mine has a 2 year Mustang, engine has been rebuilt twice still doesn't run right and the transmission started knocking this past week, he is not a happy guy.

Was really surprised they were not offering the soft top on the 2 door, that is the only way to go with the 2 door. On the 4 door I am getting will be going hard top as it will more of daily driver and be used for long road trips.

Rubicon_10

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door 6 speed Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
My biggest issues with the Bronco was; I'm only interested in a manual transmission and I hear the Bronco tmanual is (most likely) made in China by the same group that made the Mustang tranny no one seems to like. I also only want a 2 door and it it doesn't come with a soft top. I have zero desire for a hard top.

So JL it was!
I am in the same boat with the lack of a soft top. I've always been a Ford guy and it has taken me a few months to get past the lack of a soft top on the new Bronco. The Bronco crowd is really going to freak out when they find out how much longer it is likely going to take to get a 2 door!

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Manual Magnuson JLR, '16 Manual Cayman GT4
I was on the first day list for the Bronco, but passed for several reasons, including great Wrangler community, existing Wrangler aftermarket, colors (Sarge Green is perfect for me), and soft top. There are other reasons I won't get into here.

So, thankfully, I came to my senses, and I just ordered a 2-door JLR:

Sarge Green
Manual
Premium Soft top
Cloth interior
Satin Black Grille
Proximity Entry
Steel bumpers
LEDs
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow/Electrical
Safety group

Upon delivery, I plan to Immediately swap out the black/red Rubicon and Jeep logos for all black ones, and probably paint the tow hooks black or green. The red on green just doesn't vibe with me. I feel like FCA would move more Sarge Green rubicons if they offered black accents, though I guess that then mimics the Willys look.

Super excited, and looking forward to being more active in this forum. For the other vehicles I've owned, I was pretty active in the in their respective communities, and heavy into modifications.

Looking forward!
Sponsored