Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
Don't do it! :) If you're like most of us you are waiting for the 2 door for a reason and wouldn't be happy with a JLU. Be strong!
Exactly, I sat in it and looked back at all the rear interior space and gave the keys back to the sales guy and walked out.
Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Exactly, I sat in it and looked back at all the rear interior space and gave the keys back to the sales guy and walked out.
I can testify! Had a 2-door sport that I loved. Then started selling real estate and thought I needed the 4-door (2015 Rubi) to haul around clients, and have never been happy with it-it's just not me. Stay true, my 2D brothers and sisters!

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
All is right with the world !!
My baby arrived yesterday (5/3). (Knippen CDJ in Delphos,Ohio. In the NW part of the state.)
Rubicon
Automatic
Silver with black hardtop, black fenders
LED package
Alpine stereo (yes subwoofer is in the floor)
Not prepped yet I but took it for a quick drive. Very solid, hardtop is quiet (and it was windy), and handling was right on.
Interior is awesome.
Ordered it on January 2nd.
Pictures??

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Here's a subjective observation for those frustrated that their months old 2dr orders have not moved. I think the logjam of back orders is either broken or breaking. Some March 2dr orders are now in D1 and an April order claims to be in D1, though I've not seen verification. In addition, the first PST orders have apparently gone D1. Build schedules are still governed by supplier issues and likely other unknown variables in FCA's planning. However, were starting to see significant movement in long stalled orders.

While no doubt frustrating to see newer orders leap frogging old ones, I actually think it's a good sign. We'll never know for sure why some old orders are languishing, but I would suspect that they have supplier issues.For those without issues, which should be the majority, orders are moving to the point that March buys are next in line.

What's surprising to me is that the order backlog is likely not as big as I thought it was. With March orders now moving, April can't be far behind which would mean the backlog will have been dissipated. In hindsight, the lack of availability, and dealers pushing JLUs, has likely lessened the number of booked 2dr orders compared to if they had been freely available. Bottom line, if you have a 2dr order and are losing patience, I'd hang in because it really looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Here's a subjective observation for those frustrated that their months old 2dr orders have not moved. I think the logjam of back orders is either broken or breaking. Some March 2dr orders are now in D1 and an April order claims to be in D1, though I've not seen verification. In addition, the first PST orders have apparently gone D1. Build schedules are still governed by supplier issues and likely other unknown variables in FCA's planning. However, were starting to see significant movement in long stalled orders.

While no doubt frustrating to see newer orders leap frogging old ones, I actually think it's a good sign. We'll never know for sure why some old orders are languishing, but I would suspect that they have supplier issues.For those without issues, which should be the majority, orders are moving to the point that March buys are next in line.

What's surprising to me is that the order backlog is likely not as big as I thought it was. With March orders now moving, April can't be far behind which would mean the backlog will have been dissipated. In hindsight, the lack of availability, and dealers pushing JLUs, has likely lessened the number of booked 2dr orders compared to if they had been freely available. Bottom line, if you have a 2dr order and are losing patience, I'd hang in because it really looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel.
I Ordered 2/1 and still in D. :angry:

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
All is right with the world !!
My baby arrived yesterday (5/3). (Knippen CDJ in Delphos,Ohio. In the NW part of the state.)
Rubicon
Automatic
Silver with black hardtop, black fenders
LED package
Alpine stereo (yes subwoofer is in the floor)
Not prepped yet I but took it for a quick drive. Very solid, hardtop is quiet (and it was windy), and handling was right on.
Interior is awesome.
Ordered it on January 2nd.
Congrats

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I Ordered 2/1 and still in D. :angry:
I know. I ordered 1/8 and didn't leave D until 4/9. What's positive is that, for the first time, I'm seeing signs of a major 2dr production increase. I recognize that the following is somewhat anecdotal, but the number of window stickers for 2drs reported on the cryptostickers site has doubled in just the last 24 hours. Further, where there was just one 2dr in build status on the spreadsheet at the start of the week, there are now ten. Things are happening.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Don't do it! :) If you're like most of us you are waiting for the 2 door for a reason and wouldn't be happy with a JLU. Be strong!
I almost convinced myself I would be happy with a 4 door the other day... hopefully in a few months dealers will have them

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
A person here who is not a regular but does post a few things. Has reported
me to the Wrangler Forum. He had my posts (2) removed and deleted his post.
I DO know who you are I have saved the alert sent to me. I will not post
that. I'm DONE. But I will be watching you. (not zgn)
For anyone that cares....it was me. I simply asked that mod stop/delete the bickering between folks.
You're watching me....seriously Cliff? :cwl:
j7qJrF6.gif

If anyone's feelings are hurt it's obviously yours. Lol

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Okay okay... I won't have it until I get called.

I can't really blame those who got their Jeeps for not posting pictures. I'd be busy driving too.

Sigh... :(
I sort of do (but lovingly...). We are brothers and sisters in long suffering, how can some forget us so soon????

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Our resources indicate your vehicle was ordered with the Premium Sunrider Soft Top. Two-Door Wranglers ordered with this top are anticipated to begin production in mid-May. Our systems show your vehicle is estimated to begin production in mid/late-June. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon order & will provide any updates as they become available. The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Kind of a bummer, I ordered in February and I get to wait a month from the time they start to have mine start :(

Info from the new phone number. Since I was in d1 for over 60 days they give me a case number with biweekly updates to my email.
Looks like they added a few new slogans at the end. That’s new...

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Please be advised, escalation just means in a day or two you will receive an email telling you an "estimate" on your Wrangler's production . . . if you are lucky. Search recent posts in this thread and you will see the exact email that you are soon to receive. In other words, nothing meaningful but more vague placating by FCA/FCK.

|0000000|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 5/1/18: 2018 JL Rubicon 2 Door
Taking a look at orey22's fresh Rubi...

-Are the rock rails the same as the Moab concept (see picture) or are they more narrow?
-There seems to be a blueish tint on the front windows..is that just the photo or is there a factory tint?

Also curious if anyone stores their two door hardtop in a place other than their garage or shed? I'm looking to find a good solution since I'm in an apartment - might just turn it on its side and bring it in

Might need to vinyl wrap my Jeep in Nacho when I get bored of the white in a few years...damn it looks good

20180503_134117-jpg.jpg

Nacho-Wrangler-004.jpg
Sponsored