2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Today the sales manager at my dealership emailed me to say my Jeep is "produced" and "essentially built". I've asked him to clarify what status I am in since the JLWL Dealer Guy spreadsheet still lists me as D status as of this morning.

Hopefully my dealer has accurate information....
Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Our resources indicate your vehicle was ordered with the Premium Sunrider Soft Top. Two-Door Wranglers ordered with this top are anticipated to begin production in mid-May. Our systems show your vehicle is estimated to begin production in mid/late-June. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon order & will provide any updates as they become available. The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Kind of a bummer, I ordered in February and I get to wait a month from the time they start to have mine start :(

Info from the new phone number. Since I was in d1 for over 60 days they give me a case number with biweekly updates to my email.
Lets hope you have your Jeep before too many bi weekly updates!

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I asked Quadratec about the Mopar Rock Rails. They told me they are designed to take lateral force but they are not designed to protect the pinch seem if the vehicle is dragged on top of a rock. And they cannot be used as a jack point for a Hi-Lift jack.
Damn, thanks for sharing. When I ordered my 2 door I opted not to get the side steps as I figured I would go aftermarket for better and cheaper. What I did not account for was that the aftermarket has no 2 doors to reference off of..... so it is unlikely anything will be on market anytime soon. Which just leaves whatever MOPAR has to offer.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Today the sales manager at my dealership emailed me to say my Jeep is "produced" and "essentially built". I've asked him to clarify what status I am in since the JLWL Dealer Guy spreadsheet still lists me as D status as of this morning.

So, the clarification from the sales manager? Apparently "produced" and "essentially built" means D.

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
So, the clarification from the sales manager? Apparently "produced" and "essentially built" means D.
which really means "not at all produced", and "not even started to build". it means "we thought about building it, and we will build it, and they will come"

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
which really means "not at all produced", and "not even started to build". it means "we thought about building it, and we will build it, and they will come"
Yup, I'm not a fan of having smoke blown up my ass. I'd prefer an honest "you're still in D" to being misled with "essentially built" and "produced".

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Yup, I'm not a fan of having smoke blown up my ass. I'd prefer an honest "you're still in D" to being misled with "essentially built" and "produced".
That's been my biggest issue with this whole process. No one knew what stage my Jeep was at. I was getting different answers from everyone. Dillionaire was by far the closest to knowing what was actually going on. He should have run the hotline.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer

Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I asked Quadratec about the Mopar Rock Rails. They told me they are designed to take lateral force but they are not designed to protect the pinch seem if the vehicle is dragged on top of a rock. And they cannot be used as a jack point for a Hi-Lift jack.
Thank you for letting me know - I really appreciate the information. They cost a fortune so I probably need something better for rock crawling.

Also, the Sport with Mopar lift and Rubi takeoffs is TALL!!!! Looks good for a 4 door . . . Now please let me hang around?

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2

Everything I have read over the last few weeks leads me to believe that the premium soft top is the cause of delay on your build. I've seen references to supplier issues. But, I saw one or two posts about wind noise too.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
This one came up on the Jeep search tool.... 135miles from Providence, RI
Anyone’s?

FC5840FE-6ED8-4777-B6C3-5CE198D238C8.png

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon (Sold), 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2011 BMW 1M
My dealer contacted me to say my Rubi was released from inspection and is waiting for transport. On step closer. I know about the shipping nightmare so I’m going to try and be patient. Like I have since December 23rd

Affliction-101

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door Rubicon, 2015 Duramax Highcountry, 2005 TJ rubicon (sold)
Occupation
waiting on my JLR order updates
My dealer contacted me to say my Rubi was released from inspection and is waiting for transport. On step closer. I know about the shipping nightmare so I’m going to try and be patient. Like I have since December 23rd
What options did you get? Ive been waiting for mine since Dec as well.
Sponsored