2 Door half doors

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
So, for example, you get free power, windows and door locks to use with your full steel doors and the 1/2 doors? So you could sell the 1/2 doors at a profit and still retain the power windows and door locks for your full steel doors, correct? Sounds like a no-brainer.
Yup!
Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I want to say it was ~$700 for them to pull the doors apart, paint match, and put them back together. Wouldn’t have saved me much to disassemble myself. Maybe $25 per door? I don’t remember exactly, but it wasn’t much because it’s very quick and easy.

Call around to local shops or ask a local Jeep group where they have had parts color matched and that will give you a good place to start.
Got my 4Dr Half Doors Painted and dis assembled/assembled for $1865 to Ocean Blue Metallic:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors E2E3A321-C572-454D-BCD7-F5BAB3C27745

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors 731B9F91-BA7E-40AB-9D70-B5A5902F2B97

Premium Uppers in pouring rain and NO leaking, just regular open door drip/pour on.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors 272EEBB3-8EE4-4F80-802F-CABC72FCC87E

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Shouldn’t 1/2 doors on a 2 door cost 1/2 as much as 1/2 doors for a 4 door? And… shouldn’t 1/2 doors on a 2 door cost 1/8 the price as full doors on a 4 door? 🤔

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Everyone should order half doors. Even if you don’t want them. On sport models it gets you free power locks and windows.
Another reason to order the half doors with your Jeep.

In my case, I purchased a Sport with manual doors and then I bought the half doors from a seller on CL. So....I now have half doors with useless buttons for power mirrors and locks. I haven't yet looked into how feasible it is to retrofit the wiring harnesses to make these functions work, but then again, if I never use the uppers, I'm not sure it's really worth it.

Sponsored

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
Another reason to order the half doors with your Jeep.

In my case, I purchased a Sport with manual doors and then I bought the half doors from a seller on CL. So....I now have half doors with useless buttons for power mirrors and locks. I haven't yet looked into how feasible it is to retrofit the wiring harnesses to make these functions work, but then again, if I never use the uppers, I'm not sure it's really worth it.
How do you adjust your mirrors if the power function doesn’t work?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do you adjust your mirrors if the power function doesn’t work?
Like many power mirrors, they can also be adjusted manually, so it's no big deal. That said, I am mindful that there are probably plastic gears behind them, so I am gentle and try to minimize adjusting.

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr
What's the going price for a set of half doors with premium uppers for a 2 door? It's a $2500ish option if you order it with your Jeep, but it sounds like they're going for more than that?

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
What's the going price for a set of half doors with premium uppers for a 2 door? It's a $2500ish option if you order it with your Jeep, but it sounds like they're going for more than that?
I just bought a 2dr set with premium uppers (new in box, never installed), off of C/L for $2400.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Got my 4Dr Half Doors Painted and dis assembled/assembled for $1865 to Ocean Blue Metallic:

Premium Uppers in pouring rain and NO leaking, just regular open door drip/pour on.
So they paint matched/blended the new doors. do the old doors still match the b pillar?

Sponsored

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr
I just bought a 2dr set with premium uppers (new in box, never installed), off of C/L for $2400.
Hmm, there's a set 3 hours away that's the same color as my Jeep for a bit less than that, I'm thinking I should to go get them this weekend.

Last edited:

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought new-in-box half doors and premium uppers for $2500. I also had to drive 8 hours round trip to get them, but it was still worth it for doors that I didn't have to paint.

RatRob86

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Yes. Everyone should order half doors. Even if you don’t want them. On sport models it gets you free power locks and windows.

and if you don’t want the half doors you can sell them for $500-1000 more than they cost.
........what.... someone else confirm or deny this please.

If thats true thats amazing. I want to order a basic Wrangler and would really like power door locks and windows, but dont want to jump up to the Sport S cost just for them(i dont care about the different wheels).

Are you saying if I order a base Sport and the half doors as an option they'll just put the power locks/windows on the full doors/vehicle for me(and give me a keyless entry fob)? You just made my day if thats true. And now that i know that theyll remove the option in the '24 models because **** me.
Sponsored