2 Door half doors

JA50N

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 2 door
Did it come with red hooks or is it a choice between black and red? And is there a rear bumper option?
I'm not aware of a matching rear bumper and it came with the red hooks. I contemplated taking my black ones off my stock bumper but after realizing I would have to basically take both bumpers completely apart, I decided red it is.
Sponsored

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
I'm not aware of a matching rear bumper and it came with the red hooks. I contemplated taking my black ones off my stock bumper but after realizing I would have to basically take both bumpers completely apart, I decided red it is.
Thank you for taking the time to answer, if only it had black hooks I’d definitely do it when my Willy’s sport arrives but the red is a no go for me

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
Thank you for taking the time to answer, if only it had black hooks I’d definitely do it when my Willy’s sport arrives but the red is a no go for me
Paint? 🤷‍♂️

Fwiw - The product photos & customer photos show the hooks in many colors. Maybe worth checking with the chat support.

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr
Combination of lazy plus don’t have any paint supplies or place to paint inside
Hooks come off completely when you're changing bumpers. Scuff with sandpaper and hit them with a $8 can of red paint, you could even do this outside. The hooks have a rough finish so minor imperfections won't be noticeable

Sponsored

InkedUpDad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL 2dr
BEEN SUPER hard trying to find a 2 dr set of half doors for the jl, everyone has 4 doors, been looking for a couple months, may have to buy all the pieces and build them, not the way I wanted to go but they look dope.

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just putting my half doors on for the first time today has anyone had issues getting the uppers into the base?

image.jpg

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So update I was able to get it in finally but that seemed a lot harder than it should have

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
So update I was able to get it in finally but that seemed a lot harder than it should have
Mine seemed like I was doing something wrong/harder than I thought they should be also. Now after installing and removing them several times they go in and out much easier. Now, they almost seem like they are not tight enough when compared to how stiff they were originally.

Sponsored

jollycj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jolly
Mine seemed like I was doing something wrong/harder than I thought they should be also. Now after installing and removing them several times they go in and out much easier. Now, they almost seem like they are not tight enough when compared to how stiff they were originally.
Same for me, was tough at first but got easier. I find a quick push and pop out is the best way to get them in and out for me.

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same for me, was tough at first but got easier. I find a quick push and pop out is the best way to get them in and out for me.
I think i accidentally chipped part of the tab trying a push in

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
I think i accidentally chipped part of the tab trying a push in
Mine were super tight and I did the same. Lookup videos on adjusting them with that little screw at the bottom of the tabs. It made a big difference for me. Also added some white lithium and it’s easy now - before they were so tight I had to ask my husband to do it for me, and he almost pulled the door itself off before the upper gave way (I hadn’t added the bolts in the hinge back yet at the time…)

The hard part is going to be getting the right adjustment while still having a good seal at highway speeds, but it just takes some trial and error

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

My driver’s side
Just putting my half doors on for the first time today has anyone had issues getting the uppers into the base?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door half doors image
Like others have said, make sure you adjust them properly and it should make it a little easier.

Truthfully, my driver’s side door is SUPER tight, and my passenger side is fairly early to take in and out, but I’m not going to adjust further because they function perfectly at high speeds.

So long as you can get them in without too much effort, one or two swift smacks to the upper window with your palm should pop them out no problem.
Sponsored