FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
I have the 8spd in my RAM and it's priceless, but-

I wanted the NEW 6spd manual in my 2dr jeep--it's really smooth and solid !

W.E.

JIMBO
Same here.. I have the 8 spd in my 2015 EcoDiesel and love it. My wife's new 2 dr JL is a manual. She hates automatics.
I get best of both worlds.
Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have any feedback on the Auto or Manual specific to the two door models? I realize itā€™s personal preference but Iā€™m sure it probably feels slightly different than the JLU.
The transmissions are identical whether you have two doors or four doors. But when you fold down the back seats in the four-door, you have more room to get dirty, Dina. :devil:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
It's crazy, as many complaints as we've seen--my RAM has the 8spd auto--the BEST auto I've ever had-

The 6spd stick in my 2dr is the best 6spd I've ever had-IN A TRUCK/JEEP and shifts like my Corvettes(almost)-

W.E.

JIMBO

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i just ordered a 6spd 2dr rubicon, so i will have to edit this post once i get it. if i wanted auto, there would've been one on the lot...

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
You mean a 2019 2dr Ruby, right-

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

86CJ7

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Occupation
IT
Iā€™m considering a 2 door Rubicon, manual with soft top. Iā€™m also finding this combination rare. I have no problem ordering it but have one question. Has anyone been concerned about reselling this combination down the road?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m considering a 2 door Rubicon, manual with soft top. Iā€™m also finding this combination rare. I have no problem ordering it but have one question. Has anyone been concerned about reselling this combination down the road?
White 2 door, MT, soft top JLR best clutch Iā€™ve ever had. 100% better than my 2 door JK MT, drove that for 140,000 miles and sold it to buy the JLR. If your worried about resale the auto would be the way to go only in that your market would be larger.

That said, I bought my ā€˜09 JK new for $21,800 and sold it 9 years later with 140,000 miles for half what I paid for it. Wranglers maintain value extremely well.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Anyone have any feedback on the Auto or Manual specific to the two door models? I realize itā€™s personal preference but Iā€™m sure it probably feels slightly different than the JLU.
If you are tall manual is a nightmare, I would have to remove doors all the time to shift. Both are really nice otherwise.

I thought I would never own an auto, but this one is really nice esp when going into big city traffic.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Not wanting to drive a manual in city traffic made the choice easy for me. Off road I wasn't sure what to expect from the auto but it did awesome. In 4WL I was in manual mode so I could keep it in low gear.

As far as a color for an auto - Firecracker Red of course! :jk:

Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
The 6 speed in 4-lo is silly. 1st gear practically crawls uphill without having to give it gas.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty simple, a manual is straight up fun to drive no question about it. An auto is straight up easier to off-road with, people with argue the pros of a manual but without question an auto is easier. I chose the manual because its not my daily driver and a manual jeep is a blast to drive. I also like the challenge of off-roading with the stick. Either way, you won't have regrets, just pull the trigger!!!!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
My yj, tj and jku were all manuals. My 15 jkr and 19jlr I got the auto. The more I started doing trails esp more technical stuff I lean more toward the auto. It's just one less thing to manage while trying to get thru a tight spot. The new 8 speed is never hunting for a gear. We've had it in our Grand Cherokee for a couple years and now in the jeep.
The 8 speed closed the gap imo on a manual being the best choice. I think now it comes down to preference really and not so much about one being better than the other.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Thatā€™s my combo and, no, zero concerns about it holding its value. I absolutely love it and have no regrets. Once upon a time, 90% of Wranglers on the road were 2d, soft top, manual transmission... there will alway be pusists looking to buy them.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Being tall isn't a problem with the MANUAL==

Being OVERWEIGHT MIGHT BE !

W.E.

JIMBO
:cwl: Read my mind...