First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
This thread is confusing me with 2 vs 4 doors, 2.0 with and without e-torque. Engine vs Transfer skid. I've got the 2020 2.0 turbo ESS. No 48v e-torque and really want this. Anybody install one on this model yet? How does it fit?

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
This thread is confusing me with 2 vs 4 doors, 2.0 with and without e-torque. Engine vs Transfer skid. I've got the 2020 2.0 turbo ESS. No 48v e-torque and really want this. Anybody install one on this model yet? How does it fit?
You're good that’s what I have and I started this thread.

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Anybody have coupon codes for Asifir?

Sponsored

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Beat the crap out of my asfir skids last weekend. It was a messy affair of logs and rocks, including sitting high centered on a log while sitting on the tc skid. Held up perfectly as one would expect.

im sure other manufacturers offer great products, but I love the weight savings of aluminum.

ibmiked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
Well i’m going to jump on the bandwagon for @ASFIR4X4 products as well. I ordered the engine and transfer skid plates for my JLRU on the evening of 15 Sep — they arrived today, so about 10 days to my door in Texas. The packaging was excellent — no damage and all of the parts, bolts, instructions, were well wrapped and included in the box. Nothing missing.
Between the written instructions and the install videos on YouTube, it was very simple to get everything bolted up. The machining was perfect and everything aligned no sweat. Only finicky part of the install was with the long “remote nut” for driver-side skid bracket. Absolutely doable by yourself, but another set of hands would’ve been much easier.
Very impressed with the fit and finish, and overall the skids feel very robust without weighing a ton. Hope to hit the trails this weekend to beat on them a little bit. I’ll follow up if there’s any issues, but based on my first impressions, I don’t suspect there will be.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates 4C575AE6-7DC6-418B-9F5C-CD4583EA8449

Last edited:

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I ordered the engine and transfer case skids from Asfir Sep 9th. The arrived UPS yesterday. They are a great fit for my 2.0 turbo non etorque. Just follow the YouTube videos they send links to with your order confirmation

20200925_160707.jpg

20200925_155554.jpg

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a set of the TC and Engine skid plates from Asfir I never used - they arrived a day after we left for CO and I just sold my 2T Sahara and replaced with a Rubi 3.6. I'm happy to sell for $250 plus shipping, so if you're in the Chicago area it's a $150 off the delivered price.

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
is anyone else having issue with the website or am i missing something? i cant even check this out .
@ASFIR4X4 you still make these or have issue with website??

ASFIR4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JK, JL, Gladiator
is anyone else having issue with the website or am i missing something? i cant even check this out .
@ASFIR4X4 you still make these or have issue with website??
Hi, i'm so sorry for the inconvinience. Glad to see it worked out fine for you.! :)

ASFIR4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JK, JL, Gladiator
Well i’m going to jump on the bandwagon for @ASFIR4X4 products as well. I ordered the engine and transfer skid plates for my JLRU on the evening of 15 Sep — they arrived today, so about 10 days to my door in Texas. The packaging was excellent — no damage and all of the parts, bolts, instructions, were well wrapped and included in the box. Nothing missing.
Between the written instructions and the install videos on YouTube, it was very simple to get everything bolted up. The machining was perfect and everything aligned no sweat. Only finicky part of the install was with the long “remote nut” for driver-side skid bracket. Absolutely doable by yourself, but another set of hands would’ve been much easier.
Very impressed with the fit and finish, and overall the skids feel very robust without weighing a ton. Hope to hit the trails this weekend to beat on them a little bit. I’ll follow up if there’s any issues, but based on my first impressions, I don’t suspect there will be.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Engine Skid Plates 8BAE938B-57CB-4D80-8ACA-C1F652762139
Soooooo @ibmiked ... how was it??
Sponsored