1" Front Spacer?

Vinny1

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 Pontiac Trans am WS6
For some reason I feel like I need a 1" spacer for the front. All I can find is .75. I heard you get about .5 out if it installed. The front of mine is almost .75 lower in the front than back. I just got my X20 Synthetic line Smitty in yesterday so I guess I'll lose another .25+/- once installed. Any ideas?

Vince
Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
TeraFlex spacers. A one inch spacer will give you 1" of lift. Since the spacer sits on top of the coil spring, 1" spacer will give 1" of lift. TeraFlex spacers are stackable. I used a 1" spacer and a 1/2" spacer and got 1.5" of lift.

I originally ordered a 1.5" spacer lift from TeraFlex for my 2 door JL. In their 1.5" kit, are 1" front spacers and 1.5 inch rear spacers. I called TeraFlex and asked why the difference. They told me the 2 door JL's sit high in the front and the kit leveled it out. My 2 door sat perfectly level from the factory, Since they don't make a 1.5" front spacer, they told me I could stack a 1" and a 1/2". All sits level with a 1.5" lift all the way around.

If you don't see the spacer on the TeraFlex website, call them. They will put together a kit for you.

rubited19

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL
TeraFlex spacers. A one inch spacer will give you 1" of lift. Since the spacer sits on top of the coil spring, 1" spacer will give 1" of lift. TeraFlex spacers are stackable. I used a 1" spacer and a 1/2" spacer and got 1.5" of lift.

I originally ordered a 1.5" spacer lift from TeraFlex for my 2 door JL. In their 1.5" kit, are 1" front spacers and 1.5 inch rear spacers. I called TeraFlex and asked why the difference. They told me the 2 door JL's sit high in the front and the kit leveled it out. My 2 door sat perfectly level from the factory, Since they don't make a 1.5" front spacer, they told me I could stack a 1" and a 1/2". All sits level with a 1.5" lift all the way around.

If you don't see the spacer on the TeraFlex website, call them. They will put together a kit for you.
Can you share any pics? This is what I want to do. Did you have to change any track bars to bring the axles back to center or change your LCAs?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you share any pics? This is what I want to do. Did you have to change any track bars to bring the axles back to center or change your LCAs?
This is probably the best pic I have showing the lift.

I only installed the spacers. I did not change the lower control arms nor the track bars. The 1.5" spacer lift on a Sport lifts the Sport to factory Rubicon height. Since the Sport uses the same control arms as the Rubicon, I didn't see a need to change them. Alignment complies to Rubicon specs. I'm still running the factory Sport shocks, but will change to factory Rubicon shocks very soon. Sport shocks do bottom out at full extension.

JL6.jpg

rubited19

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL
This is probably the best pic I have showing the lift.

I only installed the spacers. I did not change the lower control arms nor the track bars. The 1.5" spacer lift on a Sport lifts the Sport to factory Rubicon height. Since the Sport uses the same control arms as the Rubicon, I didn't see a need to change them. Alignment complies to Rubicon specs. I'm still running the factory Sport shocks, but will change to factory Rubicon shocks very soon. Sport shocks do bottom out at full extension.

Jeep Wrangler JL 1" Front Spacer? JL6
Looks perfect! Did you do the 1” (plus .5”) stacked in the front? So you have 1.5” all around?

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks perfect! Did you do the 1” (plus .5”) stacked in the front? So you have 1.5” all around?
Thanks.

Yes, Front has a stacked 1" and 0.5" spacer, Rear has the 1.5" spacer. Sits level with 1.5" lift at all 4 corners.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Why don't you buy a rubicon suspension from a rubi with tow package + hardtop + metal bumpers. That's what I did to my sport, so far I have installed metal bumpers + smittybuilt sliders/steps and have not lost any height. I will be installing a winch soon. The rubicon suspension with the high spring numbers will give you better flex and will be able to support more weight than spacers. Oh, it is also cheaper.

rubited19

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL
Why don't you buy a rubicon suspension from a rubi with tow package + hardtop + metal bumpers. That's what I did to my sport, so far I have installed metal bumpers + smittybuilt sliders/steps and have not lost any height. I will be installing a winch soon. The rubicon suspension with the high spring numbers will give you better flex and will be able to support more weight than spacers. Oh, it is also cheaper.

Yes I have considered this, but the hard part is figuring out exactly what spring numbers to use to get exactly 1.5” of
Lift (that’s all I want). From what I understand using 2dr Rubi springs may not net out 1.5”, and using them off a 4 door that may ride way too stiff. I have a 2dr sport with plastic bumpers (May or may not change) and a hard top

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yes I have considered this, but the hard part is figuring out exactly what spring numbers to use to get exactly 1.5” of
Lift (that’s all I want). From what I understand using 2dr Rubi springs may not net out 1.5”, and using them off a 4 door that may ride way too stiff. I have a 2dr sport with plastic bumpers (May or may not change) and a hard top
Nah it isn't that stiff. You'll get 1.5'' or 2, no more than that. I got about 2'. I have a 2 door and got my suspension from a fully loaded 2 door. A fully loaded 2 door rubi takeoffs will absolutely bump you up 1.5''.

Get rubi suspension you wont regret it. What you gain in extra articulation is worth it.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nah it isn't that stiff. You'll get 1.5'' or 2, no more than that. I got about 2'. I have a 2 door and got my suspension from a fully loaded 2 door. A fully loaded 2 door rubi takeoffs will absolutely bump you up 1.5''.

Get rubi suspension you wont regret it. What you gain in extra articulation is worth it.
This X2^^ (except I got mine from a 4dr hardtop, tow & steel bumper pkg, got 2")
I also added a Rugged Ridge .75" front spacer to keep it level after adding my 100lb bumper and 80lb winch, all the info including the longer LCAs is right here
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

OP
OP

Vinny1

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 Pontiac Trans am WS6
I ended up going with the teraflex.
.5 front .5 rear and got a extra set of .5 spacers for the front to make the front 1" and the rear .5". If that makes sense. Hope this levels it out enough. I don't want to have to replace the shocks. I'm trying to compensate for the Barracade bumper and Smitty comp 10 winch.

rubited19

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL
I decided to go with the Teraflex 1.5 and added an addition .5” to the front for a perfect 1.5” all the way around and no guess work. There was no need to add LCAs or trackbars....absolutely no change in steering or drive. Here are before and after pics

6BD9D172-A0CF-43F4-8152-9632EBE4962F.jpeg

7B653815-0830-44E9-9D40-B7BB5191420A.jpeg

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to go with the Teraflex 1.5 and added an addition .5” to the front for a perfect 1.5” all the way around and no guess work. There was no need to add LCAs or trackbars....absolutely no change in steering or drive. Here are before and after pics

Jeep Wrangler JL 1" Front Spacer? 7B653815-0830-44E9-9D40-B7BB5191420A

Jeep Wrangler JL 1" Front Spacer? 7B653815-0830-44E9-9D40-B7BB5191420A
Looks great

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
I just did a .75" and am very happy how it turned out, used Rugged Ridge 18360.04 3/4"

Jeep Wrangler JL 1" Front Spacer? IMG_5045
Sponsored