Sponsored

1” or 2” spacer lift

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Installed the Teraflex JLU 1.5" performance kit this weekend and really like the results. I think its just enough to get the clearance back with the tires I am running and level things out which was the real goal. Visually you can tell its not stock but at the same time it does not scream lifted Jeep.

I am going to add shocks shortly based on local shop availability. I wouldn't say its absolutely required, but, knowing I have proper shocks spec'ed for the +2" front / +1.5" increase just makes sense.

What shocks are you going with? I did the 1.5" level/spacer kit on my sport, and looks much better, but don't love the shocks as much since they are being extended out without shock spacers in this lift kit. Was going to put some rubicon take off shocks on to have some that are made to be at that taller height.

IMG_8870.jpg
Sponsored

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What shocks are you going with? I did the 1.5" level/spacer kit on my sport, and looks much better, but don't love the shocks as much since they are being extended out without shock spacers in this lift kit. Was going to put some rubicon take off shocks on to have some that are made to be at that taller height.

IMG_8870.jpg
At this point I’m thinking Rubicon take offs or splurge for Fox. I found a local shop by me that has the Fox Performance 2.0 in stock. They have a rear 0-1.5” set and a front 2-3” which is perfect. I will check those out tomorrow.

Thinking I should have just got the whole Teraflex kit with the Falcon shocks at this point.

Kmstivers

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Details on the lift/leveling kit and wheels/tires?[/QUOTE]

Teraflex 1.5” performance kit
Method The Standard 17x8.5 wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70R17

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
These look really good. Details on rim and tire sizes?

Details on the lift/leveling kit and wheels/tires?
I am running a RC 2.5” suspension lift which uses existing springs/shocks, the wheels are Method MR 312’s 17x9 -12 offset and tires are BFG 415x70x17 KO2’s C rating

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Installed the Teraflex JLU 1.5" performance kit this weekend and really like the results. I think its just enough to get the clearance back with the tires I am running and level things out which was the real goal. Visually you can tell its not stock but at the same time it does not scream lifted Jeep.

I am going to add shocks shortly based on local shop availability. I wouldn't say its absolutely required, but, knowing I have proper shocks spec'ed for the +2" front / +1.5" increase just makes sense.
Dan, looking to go this way myself. Your jeep looks great! Any complaints or concerns?

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, looking to go this way myself. Your jeep looks great! Any complaints or concerns?
Thanks!

If you go this route just keep the front brake line brackets off the lower control arms. My instructions said to pry open the tab, remove the brake line then discard the bracket. I spent over an hour bending, prying and grinding to remove the bracket from the brake line!

I had things installed and put about 200 miles on it with the stock shocks. Initially I thought the ride was ok but it continued to bother me.

I just installed installed a set of Fox Performance shocks and the ride is so much better. Good enough for me to consider ride suspension done.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
@threejeeps Teraflex doesn't recommend longer sway bar links or longer front lower control arms to adjust the caster angle. What are your thoughts on the caster feel and sway bar links?

Sponsored

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@threejeeps Teraflex doesn't recommend longer sway bar links or longer front lower control arms to adjust the caster angle. What are your thoughts on the caster feel and sway bar links?
Nothing of significance to report back after a few hundred miles. So overall feel is pretty similar to stock.

I feel the 2” mark is the tipping point though so front links and adjustable LCA’s will be going on in the future. I want to wait and see what SEMA brings

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If you go this route just keep the front brake line brackets off the lower control arms. My instructions said to pry open the tab, remove the brake line then discard the bracket. I spent over an hour bending, prying and grinding to remove the bracket from the brake line!

I had things installed and put about 200 miles on it with the stock shocks. Initially I thought the ride was ok but it continued to bother me.

I just installed installed a set of Fox Performance shocks and the ride is so much better. Good enough for me to consider ride suspension done.
Did you end up going with the 0-1.5” shocks in rear and 2-3” in front? I am doing the same Teraflex leveling kit. Was debating about the shocks, but I think you have me leaning toward them. Then it is fox vs falcon. Thanks

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up going with the 0-1.5” shocks in rear and 2-3” in front? I am doing the same Teraflex leveling kit. Was debating about the shocks, but I think you have me leaning toward them. Then it is fox vs falcon. Thanks
There was a local shop that had that exact set of the Fox Performance shocks in stock so I called Fox and that is what they recommended. That was all I needed to hear so I purchased the set and installed them that night.

There was a noticeable improvement in the ride so I think the purchase is justifiable. Between the static ride height increase and bigger tires the stockers were just out of their league.

I just spent a week exploring two track roads along the Lake Superior shore in northern Michigan and am happy with the trail performance of this set up. I had a couple of pucker up moments in the back woods but (thankfully!!) was able to get past them.

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
There was a local shop that had that exact set of the Fox Performance shocks in stock so I called Fox and that is what they recommended. That was all I needed to hear so I purchased the set and installed them that night.

There was a noticeable improvement in the ride so I think the purchase is justifiable. Between the static ride height increase and bigger tires the stockers were just out of their league.

I just spent a week exploring two track roads along the Lake Superior shore in northern Michigan and am happy with the trail performance of this set up. I had a couple of pucker up moments in the back woods but (thankfully!!) was able to get past them.

Thanks, much appreciated

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Hey guys I’m installing the pro comp 2” spacer lift. For those of you that have already installed it or the RE 2” spacer lift if it’s identical. How did you get the threaded washer above the frame on the rear space to not spin as you tighhted the bolt?

Edit: nevermind I figured it out. Just paint in the threads holding it up so I couldn’t hand tighten it enough for it not to spin
Sponsored

Last edited: