tjaeks

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi!

New to this forum but not new to Jeep. Started with an ‘09 JK and Just finished riding an ‘11 JKU into the ground and got home from upgrading to a 2020 JLUR.

Question about the auto climate control as I’ve never had such a luxury.

I’m sure this has been covered at least once as threads like this usually are but if I close the vents on my Jeep will it effect the auto function of the climate control?

I typically use just the defroster and foot vents in the winter and the open air in the summer so I became used to just leaving the other vents closed on my past jeeps.

I know the auto feature is supposed to cycle through the moods but I’m not sure if, like I said, keeping the vents closed will effect it and how it works if the window needs defrosted. I’m assuming you have to manually make it do that though.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
if you close the dash vent and they are set to blowing then it just blow a little faster out of the open vents

for front windshield defrost, you just hit the button for it and with will just set it to defrost at max fan with the temp you save it set at, disabling the auto mode

in past cars i have had are all manual set, and i will say the auto control in the jeep does a good job balancing out the air flow to efficiently cool/heat the jeep get the cab to the right temp and you really don't notice it. But when the windshield needs defrost in snowy/icey conditions i find myself playing with the setting more than i would to keep the cab comfy and the windshield ice free, but when i do not need it auto carries me through the winter just fine.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Just set the temperature, press auto and leave it be. If you fiddle with any of the controls it takes it out of auto. As Digitalbliss said, the heater won't typically blow out of the dash vents but if you close the vents when its cooling, you will really screw with the system. Learned that the hard way when my wife closed her vents instead of adjusting the temperature on her side. I was getting an arctic blast when it was trying to keep her side cool :headbang:

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I LOVE the 2020 Cold Weather Package! It easily puts out enough heat to melt ice on all the glass, mirrors, headlights, and tail lights. Removing snow from your Wrangler is now no longer necessary. With the CWP simply push the PROPANE icon on your screen, wait a minute...and then push the igniter button.
cold weather package.jpg

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I LOVE the 2020 Cold Weather Package! It easily puts out enough heat to melt ice on all the glass, mirrors, headlights, and tail lights. Removing snow from your Wrangler is now no longer necessary. With the CWP simply push the PROPANE icon on your screen, wait a minute...and then push the igniter button.
cold weather package.jpg
Come on bobby, that is not even a JL lol

JLWrangler.fire01-300x200-300x200.jpg

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Come on bobby, that is not even a JL lol

JLWrangler.fire01-300x200-300x200.jpg
I apologize! Living in a climate where temperatures regularly go below zero I'm thankful to have a cordless oil dipstick heater from Mopar. Just push the Propane icon on your screen....wait one minute...and then push the red button that says 'Igniter'.
Windshield washer fluid.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Spontaneous Combustion Group is a $1,500 option. It includes a body-color oxygen bottle, a CPR booklet bound in contrasting stitch leather, and a fire extinguisher.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
The Spontaneous Combustion Group is a $1,500 option. It includes a body-color oxygen bottle, a CPR booklet bound in stitched leather, and a fire extinguisher.
That's kind of a high price to pay for something you only use once!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Boy as a person that loves Jeeps, those pictures are painful to look at.
Sponsored