clock constantly resets itself.

JeepSerenity

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I have a JLU Sport S that I bought in Feb '18, I used to live in Texas and didn't have this issue but now I live in Montana and it drives me nuts. The clock will constantly reset itself an hour ahead, sometimes it takes days for it to happen and other times it will happen as soon as I turn off the Jeep then restart it. I do have the 7.2" display but I don't have the navigation option. The other big problem I am having is that the Jeeps compass is constantly getting stuck on a direction even though the Jeep has made multiple turns. Occasionally the compass reads correctly or for strange reasons it will understand directional changes but display the incorrect direction i.e. it will think S is E. I know my current best option is to take it to a dealer or have the compass re-calibrated, which will probably solve both issues, but I am more curious if anyone else has had a similar issue or if they know of a better possible fix.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
I have a JLU Sport that I bought in Feb '18, I used to live in Texas and didn't have this issue but now I live in Montana and it drives me nuts. The clock will constantly reset itself an hour ahead, sometimes it takes days for it to happen and other times it will happen as soon as I turn off the Jeep then restart it. I do have the 7.2" display but I don't have the navigation option. The other big problem I am having is that the Jeeps compass is constantly getting stuck on a direction even though the Jeep has made multiple turns. Occasionally the compass reads correctly or for strange reasons it will understand directional changes but display the incorrect direction i.e. it will think S is E. I know my current best option is to take it to a dealer or have the compass re-calibrated, which will probably solve both issues, but I am more curious if anyone else has had a similar issue or if they know of a better possible fix.
We also have a 18 sport. Ours is the 5in screen. Our clock resets back to 12am about twice a month.

M.Burke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
My ‘18 also resets every couple weeks

OP
OP

JeepSerenity

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be clear my clock still keeps track of time but simply thinks I am in a different time zone than I actually am.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I have a Sport S with the really small screen, and my clock was doing that. Not to scare you, but the dealer eventually just replaced the whole Uconnect lol It wasn't a major issue or anything that I took it in for. I just asked them to look at it when I had it in for an oil change, and apparently they tried an update and bricked the Uconnect system. So... new (little) Ucconect for me haha

Oh, sorry - just saw your most recent post. Mine was actually losing time. It would fall further and further back from the actual time lol Oh well, little anecdote for your reading pleasure, I guess.

OP
OP

JeepSerenity

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you close to the part of Idaho that is in Pacific time?
I am about 60 miles from Idaho, they are Pacific Time, I am in Mountain Time but my display constantly wants to show Central Time. I might just have the one oddball unit that doesn't want to work right.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Mine lost time constantly. I turned off all the clocks in the Jeep. Now it's Jeep time all the time! Standard Sport 5" Uconnect.
Sponsored