Sponsored

Hard top wind noise

HawkRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dakota RT, 05 Rubicon, 17 Challenger Hellcat
I agree 100%. I can't believe that folks feel that it is acceptable to pay 40 to 50 k for a new vehicle just to be required to fix assembly issues themselves. Boggles the mind that FCA is okay with selling a product with know defects that they themselves can correct before it hits the market. Come on folks. Demand the dealer and FCA fix this issue before we issue them a check for 50 k. Come on folks. Vote with your wallet.
I don't trust the dealership not to scratch it. Had my hellcat Challenger guage clear plastic replaced because they scratched it. While I was watching them install it, the shop forman leans on the driver's door while it was open. His frekin belt buckle is resting on the paint. I was livid. Why the f#&k would you wear a belt buckle when you work around cars. FCA, there dealers don't give a shit about us. Because they will sell it either way.
Sponsored

HawkRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my friend, I'm impressed the you hav the mechanical ability to fix this issue yourself. I also commend you on teaching your son to rectify the incompetence of a multi billion corporation. Not all of us have this knowledge or ability. I' m a biologist. And a retired Brewmaster. If you consumed a major brand of beer, then you probably consumed one I made. If you had a quality issue with it then I wanted to know and I would go out of my way to rectify the issue and compensate you for your time and inconvience. This was for a product that you probably paid $6.99 and not 40 -?50 k.
Not many people have pride in their work anymore it seems. I commend anyone who cares about the end product.

SuperSanta503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I posted some pics at the start of this thread. I can not swear that it really did much for me. I still seem to get more wind noise at high speeds (over 65) than I remember getting in my 13 JKU.
I made the front windows hinge adjustments this weekend and noticed no difference.
No. Not yet.
This weekend I attempted to adjust the hinges with no success in reducing wind noise. It's been quite a while since I rode in a Jeep with a hard top to compare so maybe mine was quite after all. However I was hoping to talk hands free with the hardtop on, but the people on the other end are having issues hearing me, I'm assuming wind noise.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
However I was hoping to talk hands free with the hardtop on, but the people on the other end are having issues hearing me, I'm assuming wind noise.
Holy cow! I have some wind noise, but nothing like that. I mean, my wife says the BT sounds just fine...just like my Tacoma sounded. Maybe I don't have wind noise at all, judging by that.

HawkRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my silver JL Rubicon yesterday. Love it! I ordered it with the headliner insulation. It's very quiet. I have the color matching hard top....if anyone still cares :)

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my silver JL Rubicon yesterday. Love it! I ordered it with the headliner insulation. It's very quiet. I have the color matching hard top....if anyone still cares :)
I care. I'm probably going to put insulation in it next fall, more for the warmth than anything else.

HawkRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care. I'm probably going to put insulation in it next fall, more for the warmth than anything else.
I would highly recommend it. The black insulation is molded very nice and seems strong, breaks up all the bright white. It covers the rear sides also. It gives the inside a whole new look. Im not sure how it compares to other brands like what's available for the jk.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Where will you purchase your headliner? I didn’t order it with my dual tops, but I am definitely placing an order soon rather than later. :)

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Just my two cents, but I've test driven the JL twice and didn't notice any excessive win noise either time. First time was a sport s hard top and the second time was a sports hard top and a sport s basic soft top. None of them too noisy at all. And Dallas is very windy and I drove on one or out busiest highways at 70 mph.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my two cents, but I've test driven the JL twice and didn't notice any excessive win noise either time. First time was a sport s hard top and the second time was a sports hard top and a sport s basic soft top. None of them too noisy at all. And Dallas is very windy and I drove on one or out busiest highways at 70 mph.
Good to know..thanks :)

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Lots of love here fellow Jeeper!

I'm going to line mine as well. I'll just wait to see what options are available after I've got it... :computerrage:

atxjlrubi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just installed the Hotheads headliner in my Rubicon along with Secondskin Audio Damplifier Pro & Luxury Liner Pro. Not only did it make my jeep much more quiet, but it improved the Alpine stock stereo a lot. The sub sounds like it should now instead of muddy. The hotheads is a very nice kit and only took about a hour to install all the pieces. On a side note the rear seat was a PIA to get out.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
I just installed the Hotheads headliner in my Rubicon along with Secondskin Audio Damplifier Pro & Luxury Liner Pro. Not only did it make my jeep much more quiet, but it improved the Alpine stock stereo a lot. The sub sounds like it should now instead of muddy. The hotheads is a very nice kit and only took about a hour to install all the pieces. On a side note the rear seat was a PIA to get out.
Did you take any pics/video of the install? Please share!

atxjlrubi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Did you take any pics/video of the install? Please share!
Heres some pics of the Hotheads headliner installed. I was not able to take pics or videos during the install, IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0020.jpg as I need to get my jeep back together quickly after ripping out the interior for the sound deadner to have my jeep ready for a get away for my girlfriends birthday.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heres some pics of the Hotheads headliner installed. I was not able to take pics or videos during the install, IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0020.jpg as I need to get my jeep back together quickly after ripping out the interior for the sound deadner to have my jeep ready for a get away for my girlfriends birthday.
Where did you order your kits?
Sponsored