Sponsored

Weird noise (NOT regular wind noise) near top of windshield?

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Got my replacement 2019 JL 4,500 miles ago, and today it developed a really strange noise, seems to be coming from the top of the windshield near the adaptive cruise control box. The faster I go the louder it gets, which would be consistent with road noise, but I've had for a couple of months with just regular wind noise (soft top is on). Had my 2018 for more than a year, just standard wind noise.

It sounds more like static than wind, like someone plopped a white noise generator on top of the soft top. Also noticed engine noise more too when accelerating, very strange.

Anyone experience anything like this? Only two drives with it so far, an hour each way, but it is driving me nuts trying to figure out what it could be. I reseated the soft top, checked all of the doors and windows and other usual suspects...... Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I shudder at having to go back to the dealer after the 10 visits I had for the stabilizer bar issue.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ekimgnuj

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

How do the seals look from the outside. Any tiny gaps?
Thanks, I think I figured it out. Believe it or not, I think it was the drain plug on the floor mat, a thin rubber disk that my son must have knocked off while getting in or out. Replaced that last night, and this morning the strange sounds were gone. Very bizarre acoustic effect!
Sponsored