Sponsored

Sky Top & Wind Noise

OntJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, Sting Gray
If this topic has been clearly discussed I apologize but here’s my question.
I’m experiencing a lot of wind noise with my sky one touch top at highway speeds and not sure if it needs an adjustment to tighten up on the front gasket (I don’t see any gaps) I’ll take it to dealer this week however if not a cure..
I’m thinking about a windshield air deflector for the JL but I can only find them for JK’s.
Is there a deflector out there for a JL?

Thanks for your help!

80877ED1-5CC4-4631-933A-96A4D4D0E079.jpeg
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’m experiencing a lot of wind noise with my sky one touch top at highway speeds and not sure if it needs an adjustment to tighten up on the front gasket (I don’t see any gaps) I’ll take it to dealer this week however if not a cure..
I’m thinking about a windshield air deflector for the JL but I can only find them for JK’s.

Thanks for your help!

Hi OntJeeper,
Thanks for reaching out here- if you have any additional questions or would like our assistance added on to your dealer visit, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts

Thanks for your help!

Wind noise is hard to put into realistic terms since everyone's threshold or expectations are different.

With that disclaimer said, my one touch roof makes less noise than a hard top or a soft top. I do not deem it as excessive noise, it is simply the way convertible tops sound.

If you think the noise is too loud, I would go straight to the dealer, adjusting these tops is not the simplest of tasks.

I did coat my track with white lightening paraffin wax, for smoother overall operation and for preventative maintenance.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Have you driven other tops/Jeeps? I test drove all three tops on the same day in the same conditions and found the Sky top to be pretty much right between the full hard top and the full soft top on "alone" wind noise. The over-head noise is for sure louder than the hard top. The soft top gets much louder with trucks, etc. along side.

I went with the Sky Top.

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Have you driven other tops/Jeeps? I test drove all three tops on the same day in the same conditions and found the Sky top to be pretty much right between the full hard top and the full soft top on "alone" wind noise. The over-head noise is for sure louder than the hard top. The soft top gets much louder with trucks, etc. along side.

I went with the Sky Top.
I drove all 3 as well. The overhead noise is more noticeable overall with the sky since it spans the entire vehicle, however the lip on the front of the hard top design inherently creates a greater obstruction for wind passage than the sky does. That causes passing air to be disrupted in a more violent way causing a higher decibel reading at the top of the windshield. Since that is the closest point to the driver, the smooth sky transition is more pleasant to me.

Bajko

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JL
@OntJeeper
Hi OntJeeper, did you find the roof Air Deflector for JL somewhere? I have new Gladiator and I really need to find it but I can't:(
Thank you!
Vlado
Sponsored