Sponsored

Hard top wind noise

First Name
Priscilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You didn’t happen to post on YouTube on how to do this did you?
The wind noise is unbearable and I want to fix it so bad. I crank my music up but the wind noise still over powers the music. So annoying!!

I spent about 20 minutes adjusting windshield hinges and freedom top middle latches. Big improvement, very tolerable now.
You just have to be careful and not adjust latches too tight, this will defeat the purpose. I adjusted my latches down just a tiny bit, the windshield has to be laid down and then you can adjust the higes in just a little bit. Very well worth 20 minutes time.
This is a QC and not a design issue.
Sponsored

First Name
Priscilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It's kinda self explainatory, but look at the middle latches on the freedom tops (mirror area) , the clip they latch to can be adjusted down (slotted)with a Torx screwdriver. The trim panel "pop"s down for easy access. A little movement goes a LONG way.

The windshield hinges are accessed by folding windshield down and loosening the Torx bolts on the windshield side of hinge very slightly. Then move windshield frame up very a tiny bit and tighten bolts. This actually moves the w/shield frame closer to body/seals, just don't over do it. You should feel very slight resistance just as windshield folds back up tight to body. It may take a few times to get the resistance but all it takes it slight contact to seal on the frame.
The freedom top seals are very good quality but cooler weather does make them not very resilent or pliable.

Never put anything petroleum based on rubber. They are plenty of rubber safe products out there, some silicone sparays are safe.
Thank you for explaining very well. I am going to give this a try and hope the wind noise goes away.