Wind noise and freedom Top alignment

crazyone77

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
So I know, wearing out the forum, but question for those with low wind noise can you take a picture of the seams at the windshield, and rears and post them?

Lucky jeep includes the handy tool kit , which has the correct size torx to loosen the brackets and correct the alignment but need to know which way it needs to go, starting with being straight on the Jeep. @JeepCares

Here are mine, obviously no where near lined up.

20180417_144850.jpg

20180417_144841.jpg

20180417_144148.jpg
Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Very interesting, going to go check that now!
Thank you for that!

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
So I know, wearing out the forum, but question for those with low wind noise can you take a picture of the seams at the windshield, and rears and post them?

Lucky jeep includes the handy tool kit , which has the correct size torx to loosen the brackets and correct the alignment but need to know which way it needs to go, starting with being straight on the Jeep. @JeepCares

Here are mine, obviously no where near lined up.

20180417_144850.jpg

20180417_144841.jpg

20180417_144148.jpg
Did you ever figure out which direction to adjust the panels to reduce the noise? I'm currently in the middle of doing this as well.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Subscribed. Interested in this as well. procedures and results will be greatly appreciated. I reduced the wind noise at the A pillar by placing 1/4 stick foam on the freed panel at the area on the freedom panel there it bends around the A pillar and about two inches along the freedom panel where it contacts the freedom panel. Jeep did this for the JK's but the foam is not present on the JL's for some reason.

Bluebear

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
My freedom top alignment issue was noticeable along the front. When you looked across the windshield from the drivers side to passenger you would see the passenger side panel’s front edge be ahead of the drivers.

Loosening all the bolts on the rear hard top piece and pushing the top over towards the passenger side helped push the panels into alignment. I pushed the hard top over and held it as I tighten the front two bolts, then went back to the rear bolts. So the rear piece of the hard top is what was pushing the front freedom panels over.

For the original post’s question the space between the panels and the rear aren’t exactly the same between driver side and passenger side but much closer than your pictures. Only mm different. Worth trying that type of adjustment as they are puzzle pieces that are all connected.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Thanks for this. Just checked mine, and it is slightly misaligned.
No air leaks, but as I never expect to remove the top, I might as well get her lined up just right.
Sponsored