Sponsored

Is the steering problem solved after all recommended fixes applied?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You have the Mopar lift and track bars came with it?? Or are you referring to lower control arms? I haven’t heard of this kit including track bars unless that’s something new they just started doing. Most likely you don’t have enough caster, you need to get adjustable front lower control arms so you can dial in more. The ones that came with the kit aren’t long enough if you got more than 2” of lift, which I’m betting you did.
Yes you're right I wasn't thinking when I typed. It came with the control arms not track bar. What's weird is when the tires were brand-new it drove straight for about 4,000 to miles 5000 miles. I rotated the tires and it started maybe because they were new and then they got little miles on them I've heard the wider tires once you get some wear on them it starts doing that. When I had 37 12.50 I had no problems. But I'm more now tire is going to roll better I've been told which makes sense
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
copy that.... just remember if you’re lifted and on 37s and your caster isn’t at or around 6 degrees, it’s not going to drive as good as it could be....nice rig btw.....:)
Thanks. Is there any way to check it without them putting it on the rack and then charging me ?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Is there any way to check it without them putting it on the rack and then charging me ?
Yes, you can use a digital angle finder, make sure your on level ground and put it on flat spot on diff. 90 degrees is 6 deg. of caster. This is not going to be perfect but you can get it close. Just make sure if you do it yourself, the adjustments have to be exact on both sides, you don’t want one control arm longer than the other. I would recommend doing it on an alignment rack so you can get it perfect.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes, you can use a digital angle finder, make sure your on level ground and put it on flat spot on diff. 90 degrees is 6 deg. of caster. This is not going to be perfect but you can get it close. Just make sure if you do it yourself, the adjustments have to be exact on both sides, you don’t want one control arm longer than the other. I would recommend doing it on an alignment rack so you can get it perfect.
Ok Thanks

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the steering Falcon stabilizer regular one or the adjustable one and did it really make a difference from it wondering to the right or left ? mine wonders to the right and i have the JL Rubicon 2018 with 37s and Mopar lift . I don't want to spend the money if it wont make a difference
I did the drag link and steering stabilizer at the same time, and yes, it made a big difference. I now am going to do (I have all the parts, just need the time) the upper and lower control arms, the drag link, tie bar and drag track bar, as well as new seats for the springs since I have the Mopar lift and they are bowed.

Sponsored

Jofuss3232

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
TBD. Working through this now and just had the AE box installed. Everything stated here has been done. Better then before but still not as tight as I would like on the highway.
Did you ever find a fix, I have had a stabilizer, track bar, and steering box switch and still have the play.

Mjanski

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Did you ever find a fix, I have had a stabilizer, track bar, and steering box switch and still have the play.
The box seems to be holding a better tolerance with regards to the dead spot. Reaction time is pretty much instant. As for the wandering after going to a local off-road shop I had the yeti track bar installed along with alpine adjustable lower control arms and falcon adjustable stabilizer. They also did a new alignment and pushed the caster to the higher end of the range. All this seems to have given me a better highway handling vehicle. Pleased at the moment but waiting to put more time and miles on to see if the box holds up. Whether you have the AE or AD box there still seems to be inconsistencies on how they are set. Some people get lucky and get a good one others not so. I thought I had the AE put in but after looking closer it’s AD. I don’t care which version as along as the the tolerance hold and dead spot doesn’t reappear.
Sponsored